Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Mystery Rash for Arlington TX Resident near Fracking GM
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
- Arlington TX leaders allow 3,288 lbs Explosive Carcinogenic Benzene Per DAY not including the GM plant !
- Please email Anheuser Bush to fight exploratory fracking near their brewery
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Regarding the GM to PLant more Pollution? article, I say ”Just great!” note the sarcasim….that may even mean even more pollution for our Entertainment District based on those prevailing southerly winds blowing to the north. Per this Interactive EPA GHG Offenders site, … Continue reading
UPDATE Recent storms WFAA Coverage I’m almost sure the address for you to Google Earth it is….. Kimbrough Farms 2828 Chambers St Venus TX 76084
Don’t forget to read the Youtube comments, another lady talks about how her family had to leave their contaminated home too!!! Texans R next?
If the Truman/Cowboy Stadium site would have been heard first, I wonder if things would have gone differently? I give many thanks to the “real” people that protested against fracking outside the chambers earlier that stayed for the other drilling case … Continue reading
Back in June of 2010 residents were divided as to where the drill site should go. http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/06/27/2296835/chesapeake-residents-at-odds-over.html This time, they are at odds with the new address of the southwest corner of Bowen and Bardin which will be more prominent in sight … Continue reading
update… here is another attorney willing to take on cases related to injury from drilling. BTEX has been used in fracking chemicals, it is also normally occurring down from the bowels of our earth where drilling brings it back up and BTEX … Continue reading
Our grandpa’s traditional vertical wells used only 2,000 psi, were not water and chemically intensive, and did not use detonation guns to fracture unconventional shale gas sources at 8-10,000 psi in the air shed of urban, highly populated areas. New … Continue reading
state-grants-available-for-natural.html I recall this reporter doing a story on Aubrey McLendon’s call for the fruition of his dream, the holy grail, …to get all vehicles on natural gas. Then Arlington starts trying to convert the garbage trucks to run on the … Continue reading