Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Mystery Rash for Arlington TX Resident near Fracking GM
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
- Arlington TX leaders allow 3,288 lbs Explosive Carcinogenic Benzene Per DAY not including the GM plant !
- Please email Anheuser Bush to fight exploratory fracking near their brewery
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Here are excepts from the original news report….(MY COMMENTS INTERJECTED WITH PARENTHESIS) Release at Mansfield natural gas drilling site investigated (by Rusty Ward = fail) MANSFIELD — The unexpected venting of natural gas at a Carrizo Oil & … Continue reading
This is a related video showing Arlington info. Here is the break down of wet & dry gas in the Piceance Basin where the three year air study at the Battlement Mesa town in Garfield county Colorado took place that shows … Continue reading
Carrizo selling assets at half the value of the deal they did with another company almost a year ago says they are desperate to get out of the dry gas and into the wet gas….too bad they just don’t cap … Continue reading
March 13, 2012 | From theTrumpet.com America’s need for energy is growing, and it is running out of good options. ROBERT MORLEY http://www.thetrumpet.com/9210.8051.0.0/world/environment/shale-shocked-hydraulic-fracking-turns-into-a-curse Robert Morely writes….”Ever feel like America is cursed? Take our addiction to fossil fuels. It’s a conundrum. … Continue reading
To EPA…From American Lung Association ● American Public Health Association Amercan Thoracic Society ● Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America Trust for America’s Health
Re: Oil and Natural Gas Sector: Reviews of New Source Performance Standards and National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants. Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2010-0505
Frac chemicals NON-discloure info / Letter from the coal seam gas land…their children have gushing nose bleeds too!
Geralyn McCarron posted in Lock the Gate Alliance Inc Geralyn McCarron 12:07am Aug 18 We are told coal and CSG is good for Queensland. Recently I went out to Tara, Miles, Wandoan and Acland and met a few people affected. … Continue reading
I have visited fracfocus.com to look at the Chesapeake additives in Arlington. For example last August, heavy aromatic naphtha was one of the ingredients at the AC360 2H well that is west of Hwy 360 and north of E Pioneer. In this video, note … Continue reading
From: “Kim Feil” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: March 9, 2012 9:39:39 AM CST To: <email@example.com>, “Robert Rivera” <Robert.Rivera@arlingtontx.gov>, “Robert Shepard” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Lana Wolff” <email@example.com>, “Sheri Capeharts” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <kathryn.Wilemon@arlingtontx.gov>, “Jimmy Bennett” <email@example.com>, “Armendariz A” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, “Joe Cress” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <MABAKER@tceq.texas.gov>, “Matt Baker” <Matt.Baker@tceq.texas.gov>, … Continue reading
From: Kim Feil Date: March 7, 2012 8:36:58 AM CST To: Jim Self <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Urban Relief well remedy Boots & Coots may use… Q on proximity needs & suggestion for advanced kill well placement Jim, I was reading the Drillingahead blog…can you find … Continue reading