Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce on Fighting Fracking – Response Pending
- Mystery Rash for Arlington TX Resident near Fracking GM
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
- Arlington TX leaders allow 3,288 lbs Explosive Carcinogenic Benzene Per DAY not including the GM plant !
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
UPDATE of 4/29/2013
The 911 tapes of the 1/31/2013 Chesapeake odor event across from the Cowboys Stadium showed blips
of redacted silence on health effects…this is the second of a disconnect call from a resident of the Collins Street apartments. Previously I had to get an Attorney General’s opinion to force the city to release a medical related call for the emission event during the April 2011 Chesapeake urban drill site at Sublett and 360. The Attorney General ruled that any “embarrassing” things can be left off – how convenient that the city considers health effects embarrassing…..what is so embarrassing about claiming health effects from nearby gas wells? This should be public information if you are living and dying by these things!
Arlington also silences by limiting the public comment at the City Council meetings….
1) We have a 2 minute limit for public comment on agenda items,
2) We now have no televised or dictation of 2 minute public comment on NONagenda items, and
3) Still we are on track to have future gaswell permits be administratively approved once the new drill zone and first well is permitted on all 60 padsites in Arlington (which means no more drilling related agenda items / public comment).
UPDATE on the second Attorney General’s Opinion…. it turns out that the fire dept. incident report #13-0002937 was confused with an unrelated police dept. incident report on theft of a residence. Here is the incident report on the medical call to 500 N Collins at the convenience store during the Chesapeake odor event on 1/31/2013.
UPDATE of 2/20/13>>I received a response of a delay on a Public Information Request. This is my second time the City of Arlington has suppressed 911 information and has referred to the Attorney General on releasing 911 calls/incident reports to people needing “medical” assistance during Chesapeake emission events.
During non agenda items at the end of each City Council meeding, called Citizen Participation, not only is that time to speak being limited to two minutes, it is NOW not broadcasted or re-broadcasted or archived on the internet. >>>>UPDATE on 2/19/13
Arlington Voice reported of the day session….
”The Mayor and majority of the City Council rejected a request by District 3 council representative Robert Rivera to discuss the issue of removing Citizen Participation from the live-streamed and archived video. The request came at the end of the meeting, when the Mayor asked the council if they had any future items to add to next meeting’s agenda. Charlie Parker supported the motion but it was quickly shot down by the rest of the council without comment.”————————————————-
After watching this video of animal abuse in food farms…...I “get” the concept of urban drilling now….we are cattle, chickens, fish etc….being farmed for our mineral$ with no regard for our health and quality of life….and now we can’t even talk much about it at our own City Council meetings.
The video on this link “Town Board Imposes Gag Order on Residents Concerned With Fracking” . This reminds me of our Arlington officals limiting free speech especially on gas well issues.
Another way they limit public comment (especially related to gas drilling) is that
GAS DRILLING agenda ITEMS is being phased out and WILL SURELY BE limited to only the Citizen Participation segment that is now no longer broadcasted or archived in ARLINGTON GASLAND TEXAS.
How is it that gas drilling agenda items is being phased out you ask? Well our new and industry improved Gas Drilling Ordinance says that once a new drilling zone Special Use Permit (SUP) is approved, and once the first well on that SUP is approved, that the rest of the planned wells within that drilling zone will be ADMINISTRATIVELY APPROVED so that they don’t even go to the agenda items for discussion.
No one will tell me who will be administratively approving these new gas wells after repeated attempts to find out with no response.
We will not know when to expect new gas wells in our neighborhoods.
I couldn’t even get info on the active pollution phases to check the winds and remove my family from breathing effluents in mining for natural gas.
So far we can still take two whole minutes to speak about any topic including gas drilling during Citizen Participation, but now unless U R at the meeting, no one else will know you spoke.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged abuse, agape, agenda, animals, arlingont, arlington, asthma, atf, Baptist, Barnett, Bennett, boomtown, buzz, cancer, caphart, catholic, chamber, Charlie, christians, citizen, cityofarlington, cluck, collin, comment, commerce, cowboys, crowsen, democracy, discussion, don, drilling, estate, faith, feil, fellowship, First, flags, foundation, frack, fracking, fracknation, freedom, fun, gas, gasland, General, General Motors, gilaspie, gregory, home, jakeway, jerry, Jesus, jim, jimmy, jones, Kathryn, Kim, kimfeilgood, lana, leukemia, limit, livability, mayor, Methodist, michael, mineral, Motors, Mount, nation, natural, neighborhoods, of, Olive, overcoming, parajon, parker, participation, pollution, promised, property rights, public, quality, real, religion, richard, rights, rivera, Robert, shale, shei, shepard, six, slaughter, smith, speech, stadium, sustainability, tomorrow, urban, UTA, UTArlington, voice, weber, wilemon, wlofee, zack. Bookmark the permalink.