Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington approves drilling zone for 13 more gas wells in one fell swoope – limits future public comment
- Hope against Fossil Fools with Futures Capacity Markets – TX Wind can WIN bids!!
- URANIUM is used in ARLINGTON Gas Mining says industry guy
- Fracking Legacy Letters of James D. Spaniolo Former Pres University of Texas at Arlington
- Open Record Fees = Transparency NOT on Arlington Agenda for Gas Wells Website
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
History of Hell
Tag Archives: diesel
Above video of Pantego officals that seemed to be unaware (by Carrizo’s omission to disclose) of the obtrusive, future compression needed onsite. Below is my love letter to Pantego City Council forthe upcoming re-vote … Above video was my testamony given Dec … Continue reading
Video taken on 11/29/12 – The technolgy is available to take “field natural gas” and make it the feedstock to run the engines on to replace nasty DIESEL during the fracking stage.…well it’s about fracking time! Funny this is only … Continue reading
update…Prior to the vote Council denied an application to add two more residents to an in home caregiving arrangement which met all state and local building code laws…..their double standard in very obvious as they approved all drilling agenda items … Continue reading
Guess what explicative I’m mouthing? Update…when I was filming I thought I could smell something and I really didn’t want to be that close to a drill site and I even thought I felt light headed, but I knew that … Continue reading
Helicopter Video…..Yesterday I investigated the Facebook Arlington Police Dept status regarding Arlington’s major highway 360 being closed at Division Street near the Entertainment District. Here are some of my comments on what the mainstream media failed to report…..”Machinery related to natural … Continue reading
state-grants-available-for-natural.html I recall this reporter doing a story on Aubrey McLendon’s call for the fruition of his dream, the holy grail, …to get all vehicles on natural gas. Then Arlington starts trying to convert the garbage trucks to run on the … Continue reading
Yesterday I was last minute Christmas shopping a few blocks south of this site “downwind” at Entertainmart and it smelled like hairspray outside. When I drove back, my heart was racing and so I called the TCEQ and asked them why … Continue reading
While I found it needed a hell of a lot more work in Air Quality Protections, the industry came out in full friggn’ force last night to oppose the changes in our woefully inadequate ordinance. Although only given two minutes … Continue reading
It’s OK dear Star Telegram reporter that you waved at me and omitted writing about the one lone protestor greeting you and the attendees at the Arlington Convention Center ( $500 starting price for tables) brag fest. Last year the … Continue reading