Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Mystery Rash for Arlington TX Resident near Fracking GM
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
- Arlington TX leaders allow 3,288 lbs Explosive Carcinogenic Benzene Per DAY not including the GM plant !
- Please email Anheuser Bush to fight exploratory fracking near their brewery
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
Tag Archives: fracking
On Sat May18, 2013 Arlington held a city wide garage sale at 1400 Dugan Street near General Motors and their two Chesapeake gas well padsites. A woman who lived nearby complained about her mysterious, untreatable rash. In 2011, GM had 657 … Continue reading
Here is a list of towns from Food and Water Watch that list those leaders and citizens that worked to be proactive in protecting drinking water and air quality from Big Oil & Gas…..obviously in the pic above I show some … Continue reading
http://contactus.anheuser-busch.com/contactus/public/age-gate_AB.aspx?websitecode=NONE Dear Anheuser Bush, your company is mentioned in this newspaper article below. Please tell me where your water source comes from. Is it spring water fed through an underground acquifer? Or is it from municipally treated surface waters? If … Continue reading
Secretary Avila advocated for public health and made sensible suggestions to get to the issue of “is drilling near people safe?” what a loss! Protect Our Waters blog claimed this guy was forced to resign….wow I’m not surprised! Now I feel … Continue reading
EnerVest, Ltd. Reports Oil Well Frack at Dietz Dietz #1 Site in Washington County, Texas FracFocus disclosure published: EnerVest, Ltd. reports chemicals used in a Oil frack on 2013-03-27 at Dietz Dietz #1 site in Washington County, Texas Tags: FracFocus, frack, … Continue reading
Facebook photos from News West 9 – Music by Winston Triolo at LSU – Bombsquad longboard artwork by McPhail – Video edits by “White Lady Rapper Arlington City Council Meeting” If you enjoyed that song….click here to see fracking video to … Continue reading
Photo above is the Public Health Authority, Dr Cynthia Simmons, for the City of Arlington who refused to comment on co-existing near drilling (audio link) health risks. I warned our city officials (and others) that I would continue post to the internet … Continue reading
Mysterious death of 4 year buck deer on Sat. 2/16/2013 was previously exposed to water that is fed through underground springs that owner says during the summer time changed to a chemical odor that seemed like it would be flammable … Continue reading
UPDATE of 4/29/2013 The 911 tapes of the 1/31/2013 Chesapeake odor event across from the Cowboys Stadium showed blips of redacted silence on health effects…this is the second of a disconnect call from a resident of the … Continue reading
Above video is footage from the Feb 4, 2013 protest and features FLIR footage from Lake Arlington’s invisible emissions from storage tanks. On 2/5/2013 Arlington City Council approved all three gas well agenda items that trigger the rest of the wells … Continue reading