Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
- Arlington TX leaders allow 3,288 lbs Explosive Carcinogenic Benzene Per DAY not including the GM plant !
- Please email Anheuser Bush to fight exploratory fracking near their brewery
- Opinion Arlington Fossil Fuel Questions Candidates for Mayor
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
Tag Archives: gene
update…Prior to the vote Council denied an application to add two more residents to an in home caregiving arrangement which met all state and local building code laws…..their double standard in very obvious as they approved all drilling agenda items … Continue reading
Former City of Arlington Council member Gene Patrick passed away earlier this evening….only by the grace of God will he get in those golden gates after approving so many wells here in Arlington. He might still be alive today if … Continue reading
This morning I cried as I felt helpless for my neighborhood who has no choice but to endure the high impact mining industry in our once quiet, historic neighborhood. My hundred year old home will be near up to … Continue reading
Below is a letter about the flooded Baron drillsite (the video above is yet another Arlington one that I found on youtube and is not the Fuslon site that also flooded recently). The short story below here is that……. We … Continue reading
The (honorable?) Doctor Mayor Cluck was “angry” on his interview weeks after Chesapeake trucked Arlington drinking water to frack in Grand Prairie (who was on water restrictions) http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/09/07/arlington-water-used-for-fracking-in-grand-prairie/ He’s known about this since last month’s city council meeting on August … Continue reading
Ben Zene is making his rounds today as those east winds were coming off of the General Motors Gas wells and all the other Barnett Shale concoctions mixing with the fumes from buses, cars, limos and trucks. He was blowing earlier past … Continue reading
TO GET THE FULL EFFECT OF TODAY’S BLOG, READ THIS OUT LOUD TO A BELOVED FAMILY MEMBER AND CHANGE YOUR VOICE WHEN YOU READ THE (parenthesis). http://www.zerowastenetwork.org/workshops/index.cfm On October 4-5, 2011 at the Automation & Robotics Research Institute, UT-Arlington, managers of … Continue reading
We live in Arlington “inferno” Texas where there is urban drilling for natural gas. The residents and their pets such as my “Silver Feil” here are the collateral damage for the rest of the country. My once healthy parrot is … Continue reading
Yesterday I attended a funeral of Mr Ed who had a hole in his lung and lived in the gas patch of Arlington TX-summer pneumonia? In the article below, Ft Worth is monitoring for health effects near drilling-what is Arlington/Pantego/Dalworthington Gardens and … Continue reading