Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington approves drilling zone for 13 more gas wells in one fell swoope – limits future public comment
- Hope against Fossil Fools with Futures Capacity Markets – TX Wind can WIN bids!!
- URANIUM is used in ARLINGTON Gas Mining says industry guy
- Fracking Legacy Letters of James D. Spaniolo Former Pres University of Texas at Arlington
- Open Record Fees = Transparency NOT on Arlington Agenda for Gas Wells Website
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
History of Hell
Tag Archives: pollution
Will FBI see Arlington’s leadership inconsistantly using state exemptions on Brownfields clean up while also exploiting federal funds on others?
Compliments of the corrupt State of Texas, Arlington requests MSD exemptions for “some” properties to never be cleaned up, but offers federal money to “others” interested in applying for the grant funding…isn’t that called “eco-terrorism”? —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim … Continue reading
On Sat May18, 2013 Arlington held a city wide garage sale at 1400 Dugan Street near General Motors and their two Chesapeake gas well padsites. A woman who lived nearby complained about her mysterious, untreatable rash. In 2011, GM had 657 … Continue reading
Here is another letter I’m sharing ….giving the frackers tax breaks-breaks my heart. Dear Bardin Greene Luxury Apartments, Please have your accountant ask the Tarrant County Appraisal District to lower your tax values on those properties in Arlington TX on … Continue reading
Here is a list of towns from Food and Water Watch that list those leaders and citizens that worked to be proactive in protecting drinking water and air quality from Big Oil & Gas…..obviously in the pic above I show some … Continue reading
Here are excerpts from http://www.bnl.gov/newsroom/news.php?a=11275 “…. new form of carbon particularly attractive for meeting electrical energy storage needs that also require a quick release of energy — for instance, in electric vehicles or to smooth out power availability from intermittent … Continue reading
Here is a Google Earth view of hell on earth where not ONE but TWO (H2S) Hydrogen Sulfide releases occurred on two different compressor units at the same site. Don’t forget to pan out to the left to see both pathetic … Continue reading
Facebook photos from News West 9 – Music by Winston Triolo at LSU – Bombsquad longboard artwork by McPhail – Video edits by “White Lady Rapper Arlington City Council Meeting” If you enjoyed that song….click here to see fracking video to … Continue reading
UPDATE of 4/29/2013 The 911 tapes of the 1/31/2013 Chesapeake odor event across from the Cowboys Stadium showed blips of redacted silence on health effects…this is the second of a disconnect call from a resident of the … Continue reading
Above video of Pantego officals that seemed to be unaware (by Carrizo’s omission to disclose) of the obtrusive, future compression needed onsite. Below is my love letter to Pantego City Council forthe upcoming re-vote … Above video was my testamony given Dec … Continue reading
Above is video of movie maker, (mucus) Phelim McAleer, getting appropriately grilled too. I haven’t yet seen the movie, but just in reading the Keith Mauck’s review in GoMarcellus dot com, where he quoted dairy farm owner, Don White, “I like to … Continue reading