Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce on Fighting Fracking – Response Pending
- Mystery Rash for Arlington TX Resident near Fracking GM
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
- Arlington TX leaders allow 3,288 lbs Explosive Carcinogenic Benzene Per DAY not including the GM plant !
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
Tag Archives: risk
Mysterious death of 4 year buck deer on Sat. 2/16/2013 was previously exposed to water that is fed through underground springs that owner says during the summer time changed to a chemical odor that seemed like it would be flammable … Continue reading
UPDATE ON INCIDENT REPORT OPEN RECORDS REQUEST>>> From: kim feil <email@example.com> Sent: Wed, February 20, 2013 9:05:15 AM Subject: Drilling health effects on emission release Fw: Open Records Center Update :: W010437-020713 FYI this is a PIR response on the Chesapeake odor/emission event near … Continue reading
Above video of Pantego officals that seemed to be unaware (by Carrizo’s omission to disclose) of the obtrusive, future compression needed onsite. Below is my love letter to Pantego City Council forthe upcoming re-vote … Above video was my testamony given Dec … Continue reading
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/could-landowners-be-held-liable-for-drilling-cleanups-1.363150 Could landowners be held liable for drilling cleanups? By BOB DOWNING Published: January 7, 2013 From the Ohio Environmental Law Review: (Posted by Grant Maki, OEC Attorney Of Counsel) This is the first of a series of posts highlighting a few situations … Continue reading
update as of 12/7, I’m still in the dark as to when the last well will be flowed back….and still watching wind directions and wind speeds in case they are. Chesapeake was in violation of their permit in NOT sending … Continue reading
Above is the picture of the UTArlington Air monitoring station with the UTA / Carrizo pad site in the background that has 22 gaswells and two lift compressors that have “planned blow down maintenance (emission events) every 90 days-per Carrizo”. … Continue reading
Arlington Fire Dept Bears the weight of neighborhing town’s spewing gas wells. Just got off the phone with TCEQ who is opening an investigation to an emission event last Sunday that no one else reported except the Star Telegram. If … Continue reading
Arlington city officers response to citizen drilling concerns equals fail / Nuisance Ordinance not being enforced
UPDATE: City Mgr. has failed to respond to my letter of May 11 below. Here is another letter for him to fail at responding to as to how his staff is not doing their jobs. From: Kim Feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: May 28, … Continue reading
This is a related video showing Arlington info. Here is the break down of wet & dry gas in the Piceance Basin where the three year air study at the Battlement Mesa town in Garfield county Colorado took place that shows … Continue reading