Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Costly LNG export work around = Methanol for exports to China
- Colorado’s stories
- About Arsenic in Burleson & Pantego ‘s Cyanide in municipal drinking water TONIC
- Eye these Examples of Extreme Energy Extraction Exacting Extinction
- Losing Chesapeake Suit – 595 ft away is in place in its surroundings? See pics.
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
History of Hell
Tag Archives: royalties
UPDATE May 2014 The Make-A-Wish Foundation request for $10,000 to underwrite the wishes of two Arlington children was denied and the irony of it is that those children probably live near or go to school by those toxic gas … Continue reading
UPDATE…http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2012/07/fracking-my-family/ “We’re told that those who get their land drilled first will have the highest yields and the most money. One speaker demonstrated with a straw and a cup of soda, showing that wherever drillers (his straw) first pierced would have … Continue reading
UPDATE… —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Stuart.Young@arlingtontx.gov; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org Sent: Tue, August 7, 2012 10:18:39 AM Subject: update…open records not avail on who is (should be) choking … Continue reading
update…below is mention of choking back the wells ….here is a cut and paste as to why thats not so good… Permalink Reply by Joe Aldridge on May 1, 2013 at 5:14am VSC, “As Skip states you can’t over produce into a system … Continue reading
Arlington city officers response to citizen drilling concerns equals fail / Nuisance Ordinance not being enforced
UPDATE: City Mgr. has failed to respond to my letter of May 11 below. Here is another letter for him to fail at responding to as to how his staff is not doing their jobs. From: Kim Feil <email@example.com> Date: May 28, … Continue reading
The Video of a Jersey Shore squirrel is getting media attention. Sadly this may be linked to bromide posioning from nearby fracking activity.“Zinc bromide high-density brines are widely used in well completions,…” “This is not good at all. That color looks very much like … Continue reading
Don’t forget to read the Youtube comments, another lady talks about how her family had to leave their contaminated home too!!! Texans R next?
It’s OK dear Star Telegram reporter that you waved at me and omitted writing about the one lone protestor greeting you and the attendees at the Arlington Convention Center ( $500 starting price for tables) brag fest. Last year the … Continue reading
The above video is an unknown Arlington Citizen that calls this a sludge pit but it really was either a fresh water holding pond or it rained a whole lot? The sludge she refers to in the video “did” however … Continue reading
The (honorable?) Doctor Mayor Cluck was “angry” on his interview weeks after Chesapeake trucked Arlington drinking water to frack in Grand Prairie (who was on water restrictions) http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/09/07/arlington-water-used-for-fracking-in-grand-prairie/ He’s known about this since last month’s city council meeting on August … Continue reading