Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce on Fighting Fracking – Response Pending
- Mystery Rash for Arlington TX Resident near Fracking GM
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
Tag Archives: state
Toxicologist video sent to Arlington & TX State Dept of Health leaders to understand Shale Health Effects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AhkswtBom4s —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Brenda (DSHS) Mokry <Brenda.Mokry@dshs.state.tx.us>; Susan (DSHS) Prosperie <Susan.Prosperie@dshs.state.tx.us>; Jay Doegey <Jay.Doegey@arlingtontx.gov>; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Bridgett White <Bridgett.White@arlingtontx.gov>; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; Robert.Shepard@arlingtontx.gov; Robert Rivera <email@example.com>; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; … Continue reading
So if you want to see what it looks like down hole (I believe this is a water well though)….check this video out below……
Arlington Fire Dept Bears the weight of neighborhing town’s spewing gas wells. Just got off the phone with TCEQ who is opening an investigation to an emission event last Sunday that no one else reported except the Star Telegram. If … Continue reading
Dear Arlington leaders, I took the above video a couple of months ago. I also saw trains carrying the same thing in Dallas a few weeks ago. I asked the State Dept of Health (and county) to send a rep. to … Continue reading
UPDATE……. I asked if the DSHS would attend this conference —– Forwarded Message —- From: ”Mokry,Brenda (DSHS)” <Brenda.Mokry@dshs.state.tx.us> To: kim feil Sent: Tue, July 3, 2012 8:55:46 AM Subject: RE: Brenda can a rep attend this conference to ask Q about safety of open … Continue reading
Arlington city officers response to citizen drilling concerns equals fail / Nuisance Ordinance not being enforced
UPDATE: City Mgr. has failed to respond to my letter of May 11 below. Here is another letter for him to fail at responding to as to how his staff is not doing their jobs. From: Kim Feil <email@example.com> Date: May 28, … Continue reading
I have visited fracfocus.com to look at the Chesapeake additives in Arlington. For example last August, heavy aromatic naphtha was one of the ingredients at the AC360 2H well that is west of Hwy 360 and north of E Pioneer. In this video, note … Continue reading
Due to urban drilling that has riddled our town with ugly eye sores, I was more interested in the instrinsic damage that could be happening health wise. The State Department of Health responded to my two year long request for cancer cluster … Continue reading
state-grants-available-for-natural.html I recall this reporter doing a story on Aubrey McLendon’s call for the fruition of his dream, the holy grail, …to get all vehicles on natural gas. Then Arlington starts trying to convert the garbage trucks to run on the … Continue reading
Let me know by commenting on this blog if you want to be anonymous and I’ll post it. If you think it is drilling related, first call 911 if you are experiencing health effects and get out of the affected … Continue reading