Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce on Fighting Fracking – Response Pending
- Mystery Rash for Arlington TX Resident near Fracking GM
- 25% Tax Value Loss on Drilling Related Real Estate in Arlington TX
- Towns with Drinking Water Intelligence – a list of Local Actions Against Fracking
- Arlington TX leaders allow 3,288 lbs Explosive Carcinogenic Benzene Per DAY not including the GM plant !
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last couple of years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations. Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” is subject to open records of water & soil test results...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. OSHA and NIOSH are aware of the problem...
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting or flaring period...wait for the pipeline.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
Tag Archives: wilemon
Here is another letter I’m sharing ….giving the frackers tax breaks-breaks my heart. Dear Bardin Greene Luxury Apartments, Please have your accountant ask the Tarrant County Appraisal District to lower your tax values on those properties in Arlington TX on … Continue reading
Here is a list of towns from Food and Water Watch that list those leaders and citizens that worked to be proactive in protecting drinking water and air quality from Big Oil & Gas…..obviously in the pic above I show some … Continue reading
Photo above is the Public Health Authority, Dr Cynthia Simmons, for the City of Arlington who refused to comment on co-existing near drilling (audio link) health risks. I warned our city officials (and others) that I would continue post to the internet … Continue reading
UPDATE of 4/29/2013 The 911 tapes of the 1/31/2013 Chesapeake odor event across from the Cowboys Stadium showed blips of redacted silence on health effects…this is the second of a disconnect call from a resident of the … Continue reading
Read on to find out how unreliable nagural gas is when we need it most – during storms and freezes…. sure the sun doesn’t always shine, and the wind doesn’t always blow, but when it comes to natural gas- … Continue reading
More Shale Stirring Stories / Cancer Cluster ? zip 75028 claims mother of 7 in Flower Mound August 5 2012
The Jacob Bloom story (see below) is so touching. His family lives in Flower Mound…where his now deceased mother loved and lived her life. FYI Below is info I sent two of our councilwomen that I sat near in church yesterday … Continue reading
In 1893 a mineral well was drilled at the intersection of Main and Center Street in Arlington TX. The underground well that once flowed the “healing” mineral waters by the old Vandergriff building back in old Arlington’s day … Continue reading
Past “Blood Money” recipients at http://arlingtonfoundation.org/ are as follows…. but first my message to the industry is this….. If the drilling industry will use electric rigs, invent technology to prevent silica dust from leaving the drill sites, use ATMOS gas to frack … Continue reading
update…Prior to the vote Council denied an application to add two more residents to an in home caregiving arrangement which met all state and local building code laws…..their double standard in very obvious as they approved all drilling agenda items … Continue reading
Slammed with sudden nausea from flowback odors, business woman’s blood pressure soars after vomiting
update 12/30/12 on the topic of man made Sulfate Reducing Bacteria whose byproduct is H2S that risks water, cement, steel and … lungs. http://barnettshalehell.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/risk-of-man-made-sour-gas-heading-near-the-cowboy-stadium-this-fall/ This video is the Chesapeake (3 month old stale) flowback job that sickened an Arlington … Continue reading