On 1/21/2017 the NCTCOG Water Resources Council held a meeting at 616 Six Flags Dr, Arlington TX from 10:30-Noon. Here is my coverage/notes/video(s).
I was very thankful to be able as a NON-member to express my concerns at the end of the meeting for padsites in flood areas.
I told them how I went out and took flood pictures of the sewer breach (again) on the FT Worth side of Lake Arlington and how the entrance to at least one of the drill sites entrance gates was flooded.
I expressed the need for a drone to ascertain if the Quicksilver (shut in) drill sites were flooded and communicating with our drinking water reservoir, Lake Arlington. I remarked that the auction for Quicksilver assets were supposed be happening this month and that I wanted them aquired, permanently plug/abandoned, and to have the dirt removed.
I told them that Arlington’s Total Trihalomethane levels have almost tripled since 2007 since we started Urban Drilling.
#FeltLikeConfessionRelief (4+hrs of my volunteer service/blog=DONE)
WaterMyYard.org Charles Swanson 979 845-5614 email@example.com (watering recommendations) catered to homeowner’s address program.
- Text/email messages flexibility to water or not.
- Need 2 know your precipitation rate & finder assists on this. Ties in to your local rain conditions.
- 3K-19k gl savings est 2014 $28-$67 per zone=could save homeowner $100+ per year with 4 or more zones (zones = front yard/back yard etc..)
- 2015 had even even more $$$ savings.
- There was a concern of over watering/run off concerns by someone from the storm water department in the Rowlett area.
- For using a hose to hand water, they are trying to provide a plan to include those households too.
NCTCOG PEL Efforts (mobility) Kate Zielke 817 608 2395
- Need …./REF website (Regional Ecosystem Framework) to see the layers on the maps of REF interactive viewer w/environmental info/wetland-mitigation issues in transportation projects.
- There was mention of how Rush Creek is “impaired”… (info from EPA 2012 report).
- For tab titled “Brownfield” info (My question responded to was that they did not know if brownfield designations include Municipal Setting Designation where the city/state forgives clean up in the interest of development)
NCTCOG will host the 1.st Water Quality Workshop: on 2/11/16
9-noon Water Conservation Education & Outreach Plan Development – click here to see if YOU can attend (you have to say which agency U R from)- so far 7 of 35 seats taken /RSVP required.
State of the Water Survey had questions generated by our member governments/cities. This TCEQ funded survey will be sent to participants in regional city offices, school districts, groundwater districts & water supplier & distributors.
(My question responded to was that it did not include any questions on Water Banking which is another method of water conservation during flood events-here is the NCTCOG’s flood pic collection)
After the meeting I approached Rachel Evans Revans@nctcog.org and asked to see the survey questions. I also asked if there was any opportunity for a citizen to have input as I would like to see water related drilling issues because we cannot ignore the magnitude of our industrial build out here in North Central Texas. She will ask her boss and let me know.
2015 North Central Texas Water Quality Mgmt Plan
- scope of work needs to be submitted to TCEQ in two weeks per Tamara Cook/NCTCOG
- feedback from chair said the scope TMDL’s issues may bump into other entity’s way of doing things, but be aware of needs to coordinate with those whose jobs are related to working with discharges into streams/storm water etc….
————-Round Table Discussion—————-
- Garland/Rowlett Storm Water city representative of tornado area of recent was present and gave a briefing.
- One of the coucil members spoke of the Lake Lewisville Dam / skinslide due to 16 inches of rainfall, some reporter wrote shock & awe…Corps of engineers had to do damage control to correct initial report of imminent danger. However the attention it garnered gave the political push that just may quickened the time frame to make the dam safer & extend it’s life.
Here is the video on that dam report from the Denton Water Department.
Next meeting is 4/7/2016 10:30