June 17 2016 update…SOOO five months later here is the TCEQ RESPONSE…albeit it is extremely long winded.
March 2016 update…starting TODAY, March 15, 2016, please submit your written comments via e-mail, mail, or fax. All comments should reference “2015 Ozone NAAQS Designation Recommendations.” Comments may be e-mailed to email@example.com, mailed to Kristin Patton, MC 206, State Implementation Plan Team, Office of Air, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, P.O. Box 13087, Austin, Texas 78711-3087, or faxed to (512) 239-6188. File size restrictions may apply to comments being submitted via e-mail. Comments must be received by April 15, 2016.
Here is mine….
From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:54 PM
Subject: 2015 Ozone NAAQS Designation Recommendations
Regarding the public commenting process in person held at hte NCTCOG building in Arlington…..
UPDATE ..here is FT Worth Weekly coverage link.
For almost four hours on 1/21/2016 DFW citizens addressed TCEQ officials AGAIN (more forceably this time ’round) to ask for a meaningful air quality ozone attainment plan. We threatened that if they did not do their job that they risk having the EPA step in and write a State Implementation Plan (SIP) “for” them. The last 5 SIP plans have failed us. Over the last 20 plus years we have had unhealthy air and have FAILED to come into attainment to the federal standards (which are lose to begin with).
ACTION ITEM>>>>>>>written comments may be submitted to Kathy Singleton, MC 206, Air Quality Division, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, P.O. Box 13087, Austin, Texas 78711-3087, or faxed to (512) 239-6188.
Electronic comments may be submitted at:
http://www1.tceq.texas.gov/rules/ecomments/. File size restrictions may apply to comments being submitted via the eComments system. All comments should reference the Dallas-Fort Worth Attainment Demonstration for the 2008 Eight-Hour Ozone Nonattainment Area, Project Number 2015-014-SIP-NR.
The comment period closes January 29, 2016.
Here is my coverage…
I must apologize for missing taking notes on the first speakers as I was writing my speech. I was at the NCTCOG earlier in the day attending and blogging about the Water Conservation Council meeting. I did stop writing to take a great picture of Smitty Smith (Austin) of Public Citizen Texas…
- Official, Eddie Bernice Johnson, sent a representative to convey her comments,
- Gary Stuard (Dallas) set the tone for those that followed and brazenly verbally waltzed their TCEQ bottoms raw with such finesse.
- Cherelle Blazer (Dallas) said another one of her children now has asthma,
- Rita Beving (Sierra Club) gave a heart wrenching account of her brother dying last year from a pulmonary ailment,
- Molly Rooke (Sierra Club) agreed with Rita that years of being on the NCTCOG clean air steering committees was such a waste of time,
- Crossandra Allan (Oak Cliff), and Ruby Faye Woolridge (Arlington) gave their stories about the disproportionate asthma rates for African Americans, one (Ruby-who is running for Congress) spoke about how her son died after lungs were comprised while serving in Iraq, but what killed him was coming home and breathing the Texas air …
- David E Cozad (Arlington)was excellent and got applause for saying he recognizes the same TCEQ staff’s faces and is so tied harping on the same subject year after year that they should have retired (failed). He spoke of how its a matter of “when” not if fossil fuels goes away, but by that time we’ll play catch up to how Saudi is CURRENTLY investing in solar to sell “that” energy….
- Ranjana Bhandari (Liveable Arlington) had a stellar moment comparing the manual typewriter extinction event to how fossil fuels needs to be remembered…as a
“curious relic of the past”
- Harriet Mae Irby (Pantego) made poignant points and had her oxygen tank visual…
- I, (Kim Feil/Arlington) spoke about health issues, lack of protective regulations, TCEQ’s antiquated air testing methods, the Jacobson Effect, and sang a jazz song I composed (choking asthmatically while trying to sing it)…
“Where is the air that is frack free?
Must I trust silica dust to be radioactive free?
If I had a bionic lung, this song I would not have sung.
Oh why must I let them (UGh UGh) frack me?”…
- Adam Rinkleff from Denton dropped many F bombs…
- Event organizer, Jim Schermbeck (Downwinders at Risk-see his coverage here), made us laugh with his deputy badges and called for us to grab our “weapons of protest” (being an inhaler) and stage a “weeze in”. Then he ended his great speech summarizing all the past TCEQ failures with a loud proclamation of…
“FUCK the TCEQ”…
- Tammie Carson & Kathy Mitchell were awesome (from Liveable Arlington)…
- Dr Robert Haley gave his all important medical testimony,
- Lorraine Levine (Dallas) was in support &
- Zack Trahan (Dallas/Texas Campaign for the Environment) spoke his young eloquent heart,
- John Rath was polite yet powerful and empowered the TCEQ reps with his challenge as messengers to please send our message loud, passionate, and strong for us…John commented how in New York his son could run a mile, but in Texas, they were in the doctors office getting injections, steroids etc..too sick to be active…
- the words from many mouths like Cindy Spoon forcefully named called our TCEQ state employees and commissioner’s action of INaction as “criminal”,
- Lance (Mansfield) shared his story about TCEQ with holding info and was mad his child’s daycare downwind was not notified during an emission exposure “event” 900 feet away.
- Dick Richard L Guldi & Christine Anderson Guldi were there and commanded the room (Christine’s was short and had a striking ending)…
- Tamera brought her granddaughter who spoke too.
- Michael Hennen of Denton’s Frack Free group was impressive as was
- Ronnie Mestis, pres of W Dallas Neigh Asosoc,
- also present was Ft Worth league of Neighborhood Assoc, Rita Vincent
- and Terry Mesa represented Irving League of Women Voters,
- Jim Duncan/solar guy was there from Wise county,
- Carol Sherman Gonzales, Linda Cook was there, Darlene Grace & her husband were also there as was many more that did not speak.
- Robert Van from Ft Worth wanted a 30 ppb dstandard as protective,
- Linda Cook spoke, and so did
- Mary Paris from Oak Cliff,
The EPA folks were there and sat behind the speakers….
Half way through, they moved to the back of the room…after people dispersed, and I took a picture of the TCEQ and NCTCOG crew……
The TCEQ folks that were there were…Bridgette Bohart, Donna Huff, Kathy Singleton, Chris (climate denier) Kite, Amy Browning, Alisa Taylor, Jessie Kaderika…and one ghostly orb..
And KUDO’s to one busy, kick butt court reporter who got the whole shalack on transcript!
Here are some some un-named and sideways pics…
Sorry If I forgot to name others, got the account incorrect, or miss spelled names please email me with any corrections/additions at email@example.com
Thanks for reading…now go email TCEQ before 1/29/2016.—————