Live in a state like Texas where they banned fracking bans?
Worried drilling may start or come back to frack your town?
Then copy this petition add or delete, whatever just get this to your city council and get this conversation going NOW…not later…not when the price of NG goes back up…what have you got to risk but your health and property values?
Oh and don’t forget to send this to your local government elected officials.
From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: Sheri Capehart <email@example.com>; Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Michael Glaspie <email@example.com>; Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jimmy Bennett <email@example.com>; Kathryn Wilemon <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jim Parajon <email@example.com>; Trey Yelverton <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Cynthia Simmons <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; Brett Shipp <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Don Crowson <email@example.com>; Cindy Powell <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Collin Gregory <email@example.com>; Maria Carbajal <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Chris Klaus <email@example.com>; Chris Kite <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Collin Gregory <email@example.com>; Buzz Pishkur <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 1:04 PM
Subject: …my shopping list for an improved urban drilling ordinance
Dear local ARLINGTON TX officials, if you cannot or will not limit your residential land use and ban fracking near our homes and schools, then in your Gas Drilling Ordinances your language must NOT have loopholes that allow the drilling operators to use rural methods of drilling in urban areas.
- Your emergency responders to drilling emergencies must use spectrometers and other sensitive equipment for example to detect Benzene in parts per billion.
- Your emergency response teams must not focus on just VOC’s or explosive conditions, they must use equipment that tests for relevant constituents such as found on the Frac Focus Chemcial Disclosure Registry including acids and aldehydes
- While not an exhaustive list, they need to use catalytic converters on the lift compressors.
- The blowdowns of the lift compressors must not go to the atmosphere, but to the storage tanks that are equipped with vapor recovery devices.
- The flowback & work over/completion phases need to have closed hatch pressurized tanks equipped with gas busters/scrubbers. NO OPEN HATCH TANKS venting in our airshed.
- The drilling rigs must be powered with electricity.
- Any engine or compressor that cannot be electric must use purified natural gas NOT dirty field gas.
- The drilling mud must not be exposed to the airshed and must not be allowed to be mudfarmed without NORM & other relevant testing.
- The gas drilling ordinance must provide for a database alert system of pending/current active phases and current wind direction information so as to have the families decide to remove themselves from being downwind.
- The ordinance must force the operator or the mineral owners to pay to have a state of the art, air monitoring mobile van using real time data at each active phase and quarterly drive-by air tests in the post production phase.
- Each town must own their own infrared camera and each town should have a special nuisance ordinance geared just for urban drilling complaints with a focus on odors and particulates.
- Money the city collects from drilling revenues must support having on staff an attorney to represent citizens in litigation with drilling nuisance grievances against operators violating this ordinance.
- The trucks that are at the pad sites must not idle.
- The trucks that arrive daily to evacuate the waste waters from the storage tanks must have a manifest document reported to the city that the same amount of fluids removed is the same amount of fluids that arrive at the injection well or recycling sites.
- Recycled or re-purposed (fire fighting, brine road spray, etc.) waste water must be tested for radionuclides, Total Trihalomethanes, halogens, and other disinfectant related unwanted byproducts (frack on crack).
- Each drill site must have a flood control program to not release storm flood waters into the environment, but rather be removed to an appropriate disposal site.
- Each city should have an exit plan to have the wells plugged & abandoned (P&A) following the dramatic production drop and/or the well is no longer economic.
- Any redevelopment following the removal of a pad site must be communicated to future buyers of the nearby P&A well heads.
- These P&A sites must continue to have quarterly infrared inspections infinitely to check for methane leaks especially after any seismic events in the area.