HERE is my comment that may NOT get posted. Arlington TX Councilman Parker is EXPECTED to respond to my comment as this padsite is in the ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT: “I sent you a copy of an email dated 11/9/2015 about this Truman site actually NOT having the 70% support. Larry Smith signed a rescind in opposition to being within 600 ft but the city did NOT count his opposition. I have a copy of the rescind (Jim Parajon helped me find it when Collin could not-I have emails from CHK telling Collin that they show Mr Smith NOT in the approval stack, but Collin ignored their warning and incorrectly told them Mr. Smith was in favor). Collin Gregory was/is pretty cozy with the CHK folks on this…I have some disturbing interoffice emails between them making fun in having Mr Lake resign his approval for this Truman site…also Collins Park apartments had given BACK their $500 enticement money and Cluck admitted in the archive that he was aware of the check for that first vote. But once CHK got their continuance from that first vote, CHK gerrymandered OUT the Collins Park apartments so their opposition would not be counted. During the Christmas holidays, CHK BOUGHT off Jacob K. absentee landlord for three residential rental properties and the owner of the Buttermilk Cafe near the carwash. CHK also bought off the Calif absentee landlord of the duplexes. The only family owned home that signed approval to be within 600 feet was the 407 Truman property – the rest are absentee owners/landlords. I got about 100 real signatures from REAL stakeholders working and breathing in the immediate area. Then eight months later when the drilling zone vote came up on 9/4/12 for ten more wells, that brought back IN the Collins Park apartments, but no one bothered to tell them the vote was coming up again and so they were INCORRECTLY counted as being in approval (recall they were the ones to have 911 dispatch to Collins Park Apts for the Truman Chesapeake Odor Event 1/31/2013). So if you count the incorrectly signed waiver by the son of deceased Williams property, and if you count those waivers NOT on city letterhead, and if you count Mr Smith and Collins Park apartments, and if you count those ORIGINALLY opposed that were bought off, you would be SURE to need a majority council vote to approve ten more wells there. As for the platting and getting the signatures on the two plots, one was CHK and the other was the business partnership working with CHK to loan them money and then was sold to Michael Mallick of 111 Realty…who identifies on TAD as “Apple Nine Natural Gas Ventures” is really then a partnership and so why make two votes? They were desperate to force this…PIR emails show the CHK PR person uncomfortable that several council people were concerned that this may need to be passed by a majority vote. This pad site never should have been forced in this too tight of a space. Now that you know all of this…what are you going to do about it?”
Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Smoky Odors Enveloped DFW Metroplex 10/19/17 & Inversion Made it Noticeable
- Launch of New Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction Standard, 29 CFR § 1926.1153
- Enron-like claim $3.6B NG utilities linked scheme drove consumer pricing up with falsely inflated scarcity
- Hurricane Harvey Hits Big Oil & Gas with #WhoPaysForHarvey BILLBOARDS SLAY
- Our taxes pay for this so…Email NCTCOG for CURRENT DFW Fracking Airshed Info
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell