Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Dandelion + Deep Direct Use = Both can make WATER
- Frack on Crack Confirmed….told ya so!
- Mersorb for those Pesky South TeXas HIGH Mercury NG Concentrations
- Using renewable energy to reduce frack water footprint …. huh?
- Borrowing from Equity Markets to Frack For Oil + Lack of Free Cash Flow = UNsustainable just for the US
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water generator
- water world
History of Hell
Previously, STACK wells were conventional, vertical wells that went through different stacks of shale (pay zones). Today in the news is the STACK play in Oklahoma in the Meramec shale which stands for: Sooner Trend (oil field), Anadarko (basin), & counties, Canadian and Kingfisher.
STACK wells in north Oklahoma over their lifetime costs the same to drill regular wells but have coveted higher (initial) production numbers than regular reservoirs with less concentrated hydrocarbons or less pressure. I’ve read that STACK WELLS can have longer laterals which also make them more economical.
So STACK wells seem 2 B the frack of choice acreage in weathering the downturn in pricing in the oil & gas markets; gleefully solar prices and battery storage technologies continue to improve AND decline in costs.
Oklahoma, however, is also getting notoriety for their frackquakes so I ask….is fracking in the high pressured STACK plays causing even more earthquakes? I dunno because there are also injection wells in those two counties. http://newsok.com/earthquakes. Either way we reap what they sow.
In April of 2016, Chesapeake sold off 42,000 net acres in the Anadarko “STACK” for $470 million.
There is also in SCOOP (South central Oklahoma oil province in the Woodford shale), and SoHot (southern Oklahoma Hoxbar oil trend which is reported to have six stacked sands).
Please take the time to NOT enjoy this OMG interview with Chris Faulkner on whats important in his opinion….
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged anadarko, basin, canadian, channell, chesapeake, chris faulkner, earth, earth quake, earthquake, frackquake, hoxbar, injection, injection wells, kingfisher, meramec, ok, oklahoma, quakes, scoop, shale, sohot, sooner, sooner trend, stack, weather, well, wells, woodford. Bookmark the permalink.