Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Radioactive Oil & Gas Piping Repurposed as a Fence Killed Black Rhino $22M
- #SaveLakeArlington What OSHA says about Produced Waters’ RADIOACTIVITY
- MSD 17-1 Brownfields Near Veridian NEVER 2 B Cleaned Up FYI email council TODAY!
- Exercise USDOT exempt from exempt loophole found against O&G industry
- Relaxed Frack for RENEWABLE Energy Banking
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Gerry Lednicky Seger commented on EW article…
“Since I have been poisoned with Methane/Natural Gas and my lungs, blood and every cell in my body is full of Toxic Chemicals identified in Natural Gas due to Lies and Negligence by Consumers Energy/CMS. Studies I have read are the “High Volume Hydraulic Fracking” HVHF ~~~ has only been around for a few years. The HVHF type of Fracking uses over 600 Toxic Chemicals and TONS of water to obtain the Gas in the Marcellus Shale ~~~ which in turn ~~~ produces the TOXIC WASTE WATER that is permeating the water table causing toxic water. Test have proven that the gas from the Marcellus Shale is higher in Radon, has many more Toxic Chemicals, the Burn-Off is more Toxic causing more asthmatics, cooking over a gas stove from gas from the Marcellus Shale is also more Toxic and causing lung cancer. The term “clean burning fossil fuel” was earned from straight core drilling, or from other forms of “fracking” which the gas had filtered it’s way through the layers of the earth, cleansing it of much of the toxicity as it reached closer to earth. The “other forms of fracking” did NOT use the Toxic Chemicals and did NOT produce the Toxic Waste Water. The HVHF type of Toxic Fracking has only been going on for about ten years ~~~ AFTER ~~~ Dick Cheney wrote a new National Energy Policy and Bush signed it into law in 2005. Cheney deleted many regulations, allowing more Toxic Chemicals to be used in products. Cheney ALSO added a “little clause” that “WATER did NOT have to be protected” thus opening the door for his Company Halliburton to produce, sell and use the equipment for HVHF which is destroying our Environment, but making BILLIONS for Halliburton and Cheney. That is why it is called the “Halliburton Loophole” because of Cheney, his croines from the gas/oil industry who changed the policy. The BIG argument is ~~~ go back to straight core drilling ~~~ or ~~~ use the type of fracking that does NOT use the Toxic Chemicals and does NOT produce the Toxic Waste Water as when drilling into the Marcellus Shale”.