Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Bacteria in Barnett Shale Evolving to Being Antibiotic & Chlorine Resistant & Biocides Risk Failure too
- When Frack on Crack meets Herbicide Harry…..
- Cadmus Scientists Removed their Names From EPA Report Concluding that Fracking was Safe
- Urban Drilling The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- Short-Term Rentals & Urban Drilling = Arlington Nuisance Land Texas
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Author Archives: Kim Triolo Feil
I am so glad that Texas A&M AgriLife Extension is looking into educating the oil & gas industry in how to reduce herbicide use at pad sites. For example they need to know when the CORRECT application times/season are so … Continue reading
Here are my cut and paste highlights from The State Impact Pennsylvania news release over Thanksgiving holiday (when readership is down?) ……. “Concerns about the study (on fracking of coal bed methane) emerged from the outset, including a 2004 whistleblower complaint … Continue reading
Walter Pishkur attended and obviously did a presentation in 2015 at a frack lovers convention…the blue dots in the map below represents Arlington’s high impact industrial processes (fracking) to your neighborhood’s air, groundwater, and soil sheds. https://tmlwaterandoil.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/915am-Traditional-and-Emerging-Conservation-Technologies-and-Tactics-Pishkur.pdfNOW LOOK AT THE … Continue reading
A ban on bans started with Big Oil & Gas (HB40) having the heavy weight…..Arlington Voice wrote, “Senate Bill 451, which would have prevented Texas cities from banning short-term rentals and writing ordinances regulating the market. Middleton said. ‘The bill … Continue reading
Plague Outbreak Coinciding with Bone Turning Ritual Parallels Human Quest to Self Exterminate Unearthing Fossil Fuels
There is a horrifying Pneumonic Plague happening right now in Madagascar! “The World Health Organization has announced the death toll has reached 171 in the country and another 2,119 are infected…..’If a person dies of pneumonic plague (600 a year on average) … Continue reading
In July 2017 GE was the proud owner (well 62.5%) of one of the world’s largest oil services company, Baker Hughes, which is headquartered in Houston. GE thought they were getting a good deal in merging Baker Hughes with “their” oil … Continue reading
Thank you SkyTruth for the above post last week. Not only is Hess disappointed in the loss of 30 boe/day production for Royal Dutch Shell in OUR Gulf of Mexico, but those that love-to-eat-seafood-not-affected-by-gulf-fracking too find these mishaps hard to … Continue reading
The Memnosyne Institute held its 6th annual Green Source DFW Sustainable Leadership Awards awards banquet last night at the Dallas Arboretum. Green Source DFW is an environmental news and community resource whose mission statement reads: “Green Source DFW is an education project to … Continue reading
BEWARE buying a D.R. Horton Home due to: Reverse Setback Issues & Withheld Minerals in Urban Drilling Towns, plus Defective Construction Claims
The City of Arlington proudly blogged about a new business making it’s headquarters home in Arlington…… ….and I commented,“This would be the same company in the news in Denton that was able to get around city setback limits from frack … Continue reading