Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Comments needed NOW on TX Horned Shell Mussels as an Endangered Species #fracking #collateral #damage
- Anatomy pics of Frackquake Aug 13 2017 Snyder TX
- Remorseful Robert Rivera in Approving Urban Drilling in Arlington Gasland TX
- $11 million cost revealed with new Arlington TX Rangers Stadium
- Deep Direct Use Geothermal SMU successful pilot project derailed w/low NG prices now LNG exports can nail it up
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- deep direct use
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water generator
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: aisd
WFAA did a thorough story on Arlington’s Nichols Junior High illnesses associated with odors.. http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/investigates/parents-teachers-demand-answers-as-arlington-schoolhouse-rocked-by-illnesses/395907519 Reporter, Jason Trahan, posted school memos and the HVAC evaluation on Scribd and all points to mold. This link supports the assessment of the Dirty Sock Syndrome, http://homeenergypros.lbl.gov/forum/topics/dirty-sock-syndrome-in-high-efficiency-hvac-units. So mystery … Continue reading
Since the city is dedicating a blog spot to recently deceased Grace Atherton, it is only fitting to recognize what past council people have allowed near the school to deface it’s airshed with fracking sites. Each white dot represnts a … Continue reading
Williams Elementary has numerous drill sites and the airport fumes to contend with as well as an alleged old farming area where barrels of toxic junk may have been dumped….. July 2014 wrote…“The teacher at Williams Elementary (near Arlington airport) … Continue reading
UPDATE (void of a darned autopsy) here ya go. Click this link for my details on the worker/storage tank VOC exposure “quick” deaths noting a recent publication ….“Public health researchers have indicated that the airborne chemicals that killed the workers also raise … Continue reading
HB40 Darby says NO to local subsurface control: “Simply by saying ‘health&safety’, they could regulate indirectly what they cannot regulate directly”
Update November 20 2015, in looking at a 2011 NCTCOG document, the word “reasonable” came up with respect to drilling setbacks in urban areas….and “as allowed by law”…thinking that was Home Rule law? Seeing that the UNreasonableness of Dallas’ setback … Continue reading
Here is the city coverage of the event…http://www.arlington-tx.gov/news/2015/01/30/aisd-board-trustees-recognized/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/arlingtonisd/sets/72157650146408550/ We need to ask The Texas Association of School Administrators to recall this award. Call them in Austin at 512.477.6361 or 800.725.8272 The public was invited to a reception of head … Continue reading
People down wind… More people/souls down windEven more people in the fallout zone depending on humidity and other meterological conditions. No one knows where the BTEX fall out zones are from these gas wells… 2015 imagery Google Earth-flooded site? Thanks … Continue reading
Attendee List Heavy on Industry at Mansfield City Council work session called by Mansfield Gas Well Awareness Group
I must have missed a sheet cause I don’t see Darrin Groth’s signature unless I confused him with Collin Gregory. Darrin was the Arlington GW Inspector who now does the same work in Denton. I noticed Brian Bohner was the spokesperson for Chesapeake-Brian … Continue reading
June 2014 UPDATE…heres the letter I sent cause I cannot attend tonight’s City Council meeting where they approve a Unified Development Code that at first glance doesn’t seem to be regulation friendly to renewable distributed energy production….also there is a … Continue reading