Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Nichols Junior High Dirty Socks & Barnett Shale Lack of Rocks
- Water – Energy NEXUS nixing “Proven Reserves” projections?
- Solvent 4 H2S Scavengers = Air Quality Risk-Switch to Alcohol Based Chemical Treatment
- HSFA = another reason to go OFF GRID on your municipal water supply
- ANSI/NSF 61-certified PVC for water delivery is not Benzene resistant
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: arlington
In memory of the FLINT disaster reduce & or eliminate unnecessary corrosive effluents in our drinking water. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Buzz Pishkur <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2016 10:11 AM Subject: Fw: Deny item … Continue reading
Ooops so yet another good reason to Make Your Own Water with an Atmospheric Water Generator. In my previous blog, I posted a rather exhausting list of boil water advisories. How prevalent are water main breaks? Visit here….http://www.watermainbreakclock.com/ “Every day, … Continue reading
UPDATE trick ticket to hell as propaganda “Keep the Rangers” is all over the PAC’s signs, bill-boards, etc. …..without evidence that the Rangers WILL leave…..the video of mayor admitting they never said they would leave is HERE. Last night was a … Continue reading
Interested in boil notices, broken mains, water restrictions due to drought, etc? This is what you’ve missed so far…… ArlingtonWaterAlerts @awu_alerts May 24 Road closure @Arbrook and 360. Valve repair so please be patient while water crews work. awu# @ArlingtonWater … Continue reading
Chronological background…. Around 2007 construction began for upscale townhome living at Chelsea Park near the Entertainment District. Three years later Dallas News reported… “With collapse of Hicks’ Glorypark, few luxury townhouses near Cowboys Stadium have sold, but owners have no regrets”. This morning the Ebby … Continue reading
Token time! Attend Legal Draft Beer grand opening this Saturday 10% proceeds benefit Arlington Police Foundation
Bar/Breweries are opening up in walking distance from my home in Downtown Arlington! Legal Draft is having their grand opening packages at 500 E Division St, Arlington, Texas 76011 and 10% of the proceeds goes to Arlington Police Foundation! July 23 12 … Continue reading
Maybe the water department could be available at this years Arlington Ecofest to answer hard questions such as… 1) Lake Arlington provides drinking water and how safe is having a power plant, compressor stationS, drill sites, and a history of … Continue reading
I bet they have Pokemon near drill sites in Arlington Gasland Texas…we have at least three gas wells per square mile. So aside from finding dead bodies or risking being robbed as told in the article below…take care in your … Continue reading
Here is the link to the conference video, and while an Arlington AFD proactive in home health program received an Outstanding Achievement Award, water worries was second on the conference agenda. Arlington has allowed frack wells dangerously close to the shores of … Continue reading
UT Arlington problematic vent stack uncovered by FLIR + city staff safety concerns w/TVA “blind searching device”
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Robert Shepard <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Charlie Parker <email@example.com>; Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Trey Yelverton <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jim Parajon <email@example.com>; Michael Glaspie <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Kathryn Wilemon <email@example.com>; Sheri Capehart <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jeff Williams <email@example.com>; Victoria … Continue reading