Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Enron-like claim $3.6B NG utilities linked scheme drove consumer pricing up with falsely inflated scarcity
- Hurricane Harvey Hits Big Oil & Gas with #WhoPaysForHarvey BILLBOARDS SLAY
- Our taxes pay for this so…Email NCTCOG for CURRENT DFW Fracking Airshed Info
- Trump Appointing Climate Denier “CO2=Life” Humanities Scholar Kathleen Harnett White to White House Environmental Advisor
- Handley Fossil Plant at Lake Arlington next to close? nah! See maps of 3 coal plants closing in TX
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: Aubrey mcclendon
UPDATE here is part two of the WFAA coverage by Brett Shipp….http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/investigates/lessons-for-arlington-in-miami-roofed-stadium-financial-flop/254003428# I commented, “I have an idea – get Chesapeake to help the Rangers pay for OUR half…they owe us big time in property devaluations at these drill sites … Continue reading
Poor AND live by a fracking site? The government has a Clean Energy Incentive Program for low income areas that they will be taking public comment on for you to provide input as to how much money should be in this … Continue reading
We live in Arlington “inferno” Texas where there is urban drilling for natural gas. The residents and their pets such as my “Silver Feil” here are the collateral damage for the rest of the country. My once healthy parrot is … Continue reading
Yesterday I attended a funeral of Mr Ed who had a hole in his lung and lived in the gas patch of Arlington TX-summer pneumonia? In the article below, Ft Worth is monitoring for health effects near drilling-what is Arlington/Pantego/Dalworthington Gardens and … Continue reading
UPDATE valve stuck open…again?..Almost 1,230,000 ppb VOC at urban NG compressor station near Arlington TX
Update…I was asked to make a record on this blog and on Facebook that today, 8/24/2011, Dakota Lee of DFW Midstream said that they will put a vapor recovery system on the dump valve. We aim to follow up on … Continue reading
A few months ago as if we didn’t already have enough problems with wildfires, heres one drilling accident that caused a (10 day?) fire that scortched either 5 or 50 miles depending on which news article you read. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20110406a&nrtype=all&nrspan=2011&nrsearch says… … Continue reading
That fateful night on April 11 2011, there was …not one BUT TWO emission events at the Chesapeake/Fulson site, (which sickened a resident) AND SIMULTANEOUSLY at the Dalworthington Garden’s XTO/Pappy Elkins site that may have been PREVENTABLE via earlier reported … Continue reading
TCEQ’s “First Glance” equipment is NOT sensitive enough to detect long term Benzene Effect Screening Levels at 1.4ppb
Since the City of Arlington inspections are NOT at the Carrizo UTArlington on campus gas well site because it is state property. Is the city at least getting copies of these TCEQ inspections? Will that information be on our city … Continue reading
For me to have smelled that sweet odor twice yesterday (Saturday 7/30 at 10:30 am and at 12:30 noon)…I wonder who is fracing near me? Or is it the UT Arlington glycol units? Or is it all those mom and … Continue reading
Folks – as you read this, please keep in mind how we are drilling for natural gas in highly populated areas. I know the trauma of being next to a toxic, industrial site…God help us. I guess I should add that my girlfriend … Continue reading