Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Digging caused pipeline Gas Leak at UTA, zero tolerance needed w/these added risk factors….
- 2016 & part of 2017 TCEQ Violators Identified: see who sux at their jobs
- Radioactive Oil & Gas Piping Repurposed as a Fence Killed Black Rhino $22M
- #SaveLakeArlington What OSHA says about Produced Waters’ RADIOACTIVITY
- MSD 17-1 Brownfields Near Veridian NEVER 2 B Cleaned Up FYI email council TODAY!
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: Barnett Shale
Since TexASS is ate up with with drilling wells for fossil fuels (“surface” land value loss too-see letter below)…. and seeing how the feds want the frackers to fix their global warming methane leaks…if we were to sucede too think how … Continue reading
“TCEQ spokesman Terry Clawson said arsenic levels typically found in Texas ‘do not pose an immediate health threat,”…this man should lose his job because inaction (to warning those of the longterm risk) has resulted in long term exposures. He … Continue reading
I was referred to look at this study by a Devon industry rep who was kind enough to try to answer some of my concerns for Urban Drilling. In this shopping list of air studies, I was able to access … Continue reading
NOW I know WHERE some or most of this phenol is coming from…the fracking frac sand is coated with phenol resins! This video is what I stumbled upon when trying to view an average temperature of flowback fluids (in our … Continue reading
Per Greggory R Perry on FB “It hit 558.29 on 2015-11-28 according to the USGS gage. The highest elevation for lake Arlington in the USGS gage record is 562.00 on 1989-05-17. I pulled the Kennadale 2012 Quad sheet, and according … Continue reading
Please send our council a request to enforce 7.01 #6 to use catalytic convertors on the drill sites with lift compressors, thanks. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Jim Parajon <email@example.com>; Trey Yelverton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Robert Rivera … Continue reading
This chart from the Texas Comptroller’s Office shows the past 18 year period tax rate for High Cost Natural Gas Wells that enjoy reduced tax rates from our normal 7.5% tax rate on natural gas per our Tax Code… From 1991-2001 there was a 100% … Continue reading
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3552956-chesapeake-a-comprehensive-review-of-current-events-and-the-valuation-bull-case?auth_param=o7ap3:1b1705l:d3d598ed2cc631d12f4c7b3edaa1b20e&uprof=54&dr=1 Rumor has it Chesapeake shopping out? its Utica assets…only a matter of time for the firesale in the Barnett Shale. Arlington’s predominant driller is vulnerable to second tier driller. Business Insider recently reported of Freeport-McMoRan…. A $12 billion commodities … Continue reading
UTA Clear found a common contaminent when sampling ground water in drilling areas of the Barnett Shale….Arsenic. Here is the city link to see for yourselves…short story on Grand Prairie as it relates to Arsenic….no detects from 2003-2010….then wallah….in 2011 … Continue reading