Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water generator
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: brine
When I worked for a water generating start-up company I learned all the different ways one can harvest water from our atmosphere. One way is to find the sweet spot (dewpoint) temperature differential to create condensate. This involves adding heat … Continue reading
Here is the youtube video from NEWT, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvIiXqukFuA. Here is the Facebook post where I pose a few questions… Recycling/treating oil & gas wastewater/brine using solar panels begs yet another question… “Why do they need the energy from solar panels when … Continue reading
Microbes Resistant to Chlorine while Arlington Celebrates 10 yr Fracking Cash Cow = Water Change & Health Risk
Ten years already? The City of Arlington has a fracking slush fund to keep the citizens pacified while homeowner rights to live in an UNindustrialized neighborhood continues to be trampled. Council has a conflict of interest to approve the drill … Continue reading
Water consumers have different thresholds for odors and taste and the ©2015 Water Research Foundation report has broken down effulents in water as it relates to guidelines and sensory properties. I boldfaced items and went straight to the fracking risk related … Continue reading
I reported an unaccounted spill? discharge? to the EPA today. As frackquakes begin to limit amounts of produced waste waters from the oil & gas industry to injection wells, we need more accountability than these “trip tickets” (verses a real truck … Continue reading
UPDATE: DBP Disinfectant Byproducts is at the heart of our water woes regardless of fracking being near drinking water sources (think of the high bladder cancer rates and read on)….anytime water is being treated per http://wellgal.com/drinking-dead-water-void-essential-minerals/ “…local water is regulated, but … Continue reading
update 3/9/2016 here is a spill from a failed containment pond that went into a cattle guard area in Williston N Dakota..http://www.inforum.com/news/3981375-eroded-berm-allows-saltwater-spill-pasture-near-williston In Texas a few years ago two million head of cattle were moved out of Texas due to … Continue reading
Published on Dec 29, 2015 Earthquake in Edmond, OK on 12-29-2015 at 5:39am by Chris Butcher Turns out the Sandridge company is getting into trouble over their non-compliance to injection well use….#hand-slap? The link to this video and other tweets and … Continue reading
Lets learn about flow lines …that piping that is aged and aging…. ….in relating to spillage/leakages of brine, oil, or natural gas…. energy.about says …“Flowlines connect to a single wellhead in a producing field. Flowlines move natural gas from the wellhead to … Continue reading
They can’t say they didn’t know. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>; Trey Yelverton <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Rivera <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Robert Shepard <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jimmy Bennett <email@example.com>; Michael Glaspie <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sheri … Continue reading