Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Enron-like claim $3.6B NG utilities linked scheme drove consumer pricing up with falsely inflated scarcity
- Hurricane Harvey Hits Big Oil & Gas with #WhoPaysForHarvey BILLBOARDS SLAY
- Our taxes pay for this so…Email NCTCOG for CURRENT DFW Fracking Airshed Info
- Trump Appointing Climate Denier “CO2=Life” Humanities Scholar Kathleen Harnett White to White House Environmental Advisor
- Handley Fossil Plant at Lake Arlington next to close? nah! See maps of 3 coal plants closing in TX
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: council
I dislike how The Dallas Morning News reporter ended the positive news of Dallas City Council urging TCEQ to support clean air federal initatives on such a somber note. Reporter Mosier ended quoting nurse councilwoman Gates,“…tougher regulations could drive up energy costs …This … Continue reading
So in trying to alert the groups of interested folks of the public comment opportunity on the 2017 Texas Water Plan, I get this reject email from the ARLINGTON CONSERVATION COUNCIL…….gotta luv the shell group loving shale gas group posing as … Continue reading
On 1/21/2017 the NCTCOG Water Resources Council held a meeting at 616 Six Flags Dr, Arlington TX from 10:30-Noon. Here is my coverage/notes/video(s). I was very thankful to be able as a NON-member to express my concerns at the end … Continue reading
Last month I learned about Uranium contamination in drinking water in MODESTO California and other nearby areas. This month an orchard in MODESTO is being studied in an experimental flooding-of-banked-waters to recharge the depleted aquifer…but two different universities are involved … Continue reading
Here is a city hall video taken the day before the vote of 11/10/15 explaining what was being voted on and discussed in executive session…. #soMuchBetterThanHandNotes Two gaswell related city owned land items were voted on at once…the first one … Continue reading
4/12/2016 Tonight Arlington City Council will vote to repeal probably that $2,400 fee per well to fund AFD emergency response readiness to gas well incidents thats been in litigation. ALSO in question if up for “repeal” is the 14-043 amendment related … Continue reading
update May 2015 the mayor lost the race yippeee….here is flasback to 2011 pics on the State of the City… If HB40 makes it all the way to state law, (update it did) the important votes you and council … Continue reading
I know I’m supposed to be blogging on Arlington TX matters…but this could help us in our quest to learn about fracking’s risk for ground water contamination, air pollution, and frackquakes too. Oil & Gas Journal reported that Kerns (county/San Joaquin … Continue reading
Lessee=Chesapeake Lessor=City of Arlington Below is parts of lease #14-002 (that was approved 12/16/14) for the minerals under OUR public owned city parks. First we ask Chesapeake not to make a fracking mess… Then we ask Chesapeake not to sue us … Continue reading
UPDATE 9/24/15 Here is the fracking video… And here is a FB video. Update 6/24/15 expansion underway – photo by Tammie Carson Update 10/21/14 Here are some infrared videos uncovering the invisible emissions from EnerVest Operating drilling rig on Masch Branch … Continue reading