Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- TRWD infoFRACKic: how to hide elephant in room
- Pictures of Lake Arlington Flooding #SaveLakeArlington #StopBluestone
- Why Prima Facie Trumping HB40 will Probably NOT be Challenged in McAllen Denied Gas Well Permit
- About those fracking three-eyed babies….
- Comment implicates ruined Aledo well water by fracking
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: dallas
This is the shocking video of one cop being shot at close range. Here is a similar official video with narration. Before I went to bed I sent this collection of videos (not verified) to APD and DPD to help with … Continue reading
I dislike how The Dallas Morning News reporter ended the positive news of Dallas City Council urging TCEQ to support clean air federal initatives on such a somber note. Reporter Mosier ended quoting nurse councilwoman Gates,“…tougher regulations could drive up energy costs …This … Continue reading
March 2016 update .. AUTHOR: KIM ZETTER.KIM ZETTER SECURITY DATE OF PUBLICATION: 03.03.16.03.03.16 INSIDE THE CUNNING, UNPRECEDENTED HACK OF UKRAINE’S POWER GRID —-end update—– Jan 27 2016 update from Reuters… Exclusive: Hackers may have wider access to Ukrainian industrial facilities UPDATE Dallas … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Buzz Pishkur <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jim Parajon <email@example.com> Cc: Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Shepard <email@example.com>; Jimmy Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Michael Glaspie <email@example.com>; Sheri Capehart <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Kathryn Wilemon <email@example.com>; … Continue reading
Today is Monday, September 28 2015 and these are the three money-related frack acquistions…….things are moving round’ and fire sales R happening….who has the guts to stick it out (you know those pesky dino fossil fuels)? http://fuelfix.com/blog/2015/09/28/sanchez-energy-to-sell-midstream-assets-for-345-million/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter Next …. http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/28/energy-transfer-to-join-williams-cos-in-377b-deal.html … Continue reading
IF U did not make the meeting=PLEASE EMAIL your comments to the EPA ASAP!!! Here are some pictures, videos, & comments for the EPA Methane Public Hearing for the NSPS to curb methane on Oil & Gas drilling proposals held … Continue reading
In watching the 4/23/15 CSPAN hydraulic fracturing coverage of a stacked panel of frack loving witnesses, in defense of citizens concerned about Urban Drilling issues (45 minutes into the video) Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson said “last weekend (which would have … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Robert Rivera <email@example.com>; Robert Shepard <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Cluck <email@example.com>; Lana Wolff <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sheri Capehart <email@example.com>; Jimmy Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Michael Glaspie <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Kathryn Wilemon <email@example.com>; Trey Yelverton <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jyl … Continue reading
BREITLING ENERGY fails again as The Guardian reported.. “The Advertising Standards Authority has ruled that a US energy company misled the public when it made unsubstantiated claims about the benefits of fracking and claimed a gas shortage put the UK … Continue reading
1/16/16 Sierra Leone new case of Ebola May 16, 2015 Ebola in Japan May 13 2015 Ebola in Italy 2/13/2015 India Times report Ebola can live in a corpse up to seven days. 1/22/15 Multi-states in India affected … Continue reading