Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington Gas Well Ordinance
- Arlington N Korean Like Demands on Term Limits Lawsuit
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- ATF Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- Dr Cynthia Simmons Arlington FAIL 101
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- North Texas Commission
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: energy
Hurricanes R Strategic Boons for Natural Gas Growth / Perry & POTUS Ignorant of Energy Balance for Methane
Good news = bad news in that the Natural Gas & Electric Sector facilities are not as vulnerable to storm damages than our petroleum, COASTAL facilities/refineries. However, fracking for NG to replace petroleum energy sources is bad news as the … Continue reading
Turning Proven Reserves of “Potential Production” numbers on their heads is the purpose of this blog as the NEXUS of water and energy head in the direction of a collision course? Allen Gilmer posted on his LinkedIn this graphic for crude oil. … Continue reading
#TimeToCallOut #WebOfDenial On 7/12/16 on C-SPAN2 senators have come together pleading to the president and point out WHO the climate change deniers are. Just in listening today I’ve heard the Democratic senators name those trying to obsufcate the science are : ALEC, Americans … Continue reading
“Ivan Dubrasky’s shadow is cast on his Pulaski Township home from a flare a little over 500 feet away. A reflection of that flare can be seen in the window”. How fracking ironic that this family can save on their … Continue reading
Hey Arlington TX FYI Chesapeake saved by banks for now look at Goodrich & Quicksilver’s NG Bankruptcies
UPDATE 4/25/15 Swift Energy avoided bankruptcy (for now?) UPDATE 4/19/16 Another one-this one a spin of off Chesapeake called SeventySeven UPDATE 4/18/16 MORE TX bankruptcies As of December 31, 2015, Chesapeake had $9.7 billion of outstanding debt. But saved by … Continue reading
update 9/2017 From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> Cc: “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:36 AM Subject: SEISMIC STABILIZERS 4 storage tanks as an FYI http://www.newson6.com/story/31036197/tulsa-engineering-firm-partners-with-oklahoma-tank-manufacturer-to-innovate-earthquake-protection. In response to recent story “How Man-made Earthquakes Could Cripple the U.S. Economy” please review this information of … Continue reading
ISIS wants to hack energy companies among other crucial infrastructures here in the United States. I boldfaced some concerning items here for you on the subject… Rep. Candice Miller, R-Mich. said “(cyber attacks) are particularly concerning, not only from an economic … Continue reading
update 10/2018 “Texas businessman Christopher Faulkner, better known by his now infamous moniker “Frack Master,” has admitted to securities fraud, tax evasion and money laundering and faces up to 12 years in prison, federal officials said” https://t.e2ma.net/click/m9z94j/q4u1s7/ezus1e http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/whats-causing-oklahomas-earthquakes/vi-AAdHRlw?ocid=SMSDHP MSN reports questionably … Continue reading
CBSDFW reported that Google Facebook is opening up one of three planned data centers in Ft Worth that “will have its own wind-generating farm constructed in Clay County, near Wichita Falls.” Our governor took off his fossil fuel hat and squeezed out some statements … Continue reading