Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Radioactive Oil & Gas Piping Repurposed as a Fence Killed Black Rhino $22M
- #SaveLakeArlington What OSHA says about Produced Waters’ RADIOACTIVITY
- MSD 17-1 Brownfields Near Veridian NEVER 2 B Cleaned Up FYI email council TODAY!
- Exercise USDOT exempt from exempt loophole found against O&G industry
- Relaxed Frack for RENEWABLE Energy Banking
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: enforcement
Please email and/or call all members of the Texas Energy Resource Committee regarding the Texas Railroad Commission Sunset Bill HB1818 they will vote on Monday, March 6. Also call or email your local House representative. Ask them to strengthen HB1818 … Continue reading
Please send our council a request to enforce 7.01 #6 to use catalytic convertors on the drill sites with lift compressors, thanks. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Jim Parajon <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Trey Yelverton <email@example.com> Cc: Robert Rivera … Continue reading
An Arlington resident, Kelly Canon, sent me some information on some MYTH’s of red light camera tickets. She said …..“I also read it (letter from company handling the red light camera tickets’ empty threats) aloud to an entire room full … Continue reading
After reading about two terminated workers at the RRC who actually tried to do their job, I thought about that lone TCEQ rep that actually reported smelling a natural gas & pesticide odor and experienced health effects while on an investigation at … Continue reading
2007 Emissions Events: The overall number of incidents reported decreased by 12% which may be attributable to rule changes that became effective on January 5, 2006. The rule changes allow regulated entities to submit one report per emissions event associated … Continue reading
As usual, heres the letters that will one day be reviewed in numerous lawsuits…. —- Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: kirk Sent: Saturday, August 3, 2013 7:41 AM Subject: Young FW Boy Killed by Frac Water Truck Kirk, I understand some … Continue reading
UPDATE June 2016 one of the two MAIN pieces of equipment ERG used in the ONE MILLION DOLLAR Ft Worth Barnett Shale air study may have been under-reporting methane!!!!! DEMAND A DO OVER ON THAT TESTING!!!!!!!! https://barnettshalehell.wordpress.com/2016/06/13/ut-dr-allen-woes-ft-worth-erg-study-under-serious-question-as-nc-warn-complaint-goes-viral/ end update——- … Continue reading