Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- TRWD infoFRACKic: how to hide elephant in room AND why TCEQ air testing FAILS
- Pictures of Lake Arlington Flooding #SaveLakeArlington #StopBluestone
- Why Prima Facie Trumping HB40 will Probably NOT be Challenged in McAllen Denied Gas Well Permit
- About those fracking three-eyed babies….
- Comment implicates ruined Aledo well water by fracking
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: evacuation
McAllen City Commission rejects application for gas well in North McAllen. ValleyCentral.com reported initially, “The proposed drilling line would be parallel to Orangewood North—a new subdivision described as an “exclusive neighborhood”. ……that’s a total of 100 million dollars of equitable tax … Continue reading
Here is our gub’ners youtube video of his disaster declaration..jus’ known’ we have those TOXIC padsites floatn’! Trucks have to daily evacuate the oil & gas storage tanks or else they fill up and shut in the wells and if … Continue reading
Anytime you have incineration of any sort, you have carbon monoxide…the levels can be especially dangerous when a furnace, stove, oven, etc has incomplete combustion when burning of ANY sort energy source such as wood, diesel, coal, kerosine, propane, methane, etc. … Continue reading
One of my neighbors I just met down the street this morning recounted her Lake Arlington Baptist Church Vantage drill site April 2015 loss of well control event experience in getting caught up in the emergency response efforts…..listen!
Tropical Storm Bill prepared to flood drill sites & refineries – regret on failed Amendment 6 HB40 ? Urban Drilling POEM
UPDATE 6/17/2015 …the rain is pouring with no end in sight… with fracking as neighbors, this compounds our plight the gas wells at the end of our road are just waiting to likely bestow colloids formed from the dirt on the site … Continue reading
Sewerage flood numbers 200 gallons/minute near Lake Arlington, BUT no one is talking about the drillsites.
The red balloon (in above pictures) is near where sewer water overflowed from a wastewater collection facility that occurred on May 29 2015 and for the next FOUR to FIVE DAYS …but good news (I bold faced) from our water director… … Continue reading
On the heals of the May 7 2015 unforgettable listing of weather, frackquake, and accident events-now this…. http://gov.texas.gov/files/press-office/Disaster_Vann_EastTX_tornado_proc_05_11_15.pdf Produced Water hauling trucks can no longer travel this road (said to be in Burleson – 1187 and Oak Grove and/or? Oliver Creek … Continue reading
4/2015 LABC uncontrolled well-was there room to drill URBAN relief well? 2012 warning not responded to either
January 3 2016 update…now that there is an uncontrolled gas leak in California getting national attention (since discovered on 10/23/15….relief well being drilled and could take months)…..I’d like to revisit the 2012 & 2015 UNANSWERED QUESTION to our city officials … Continue reading
UPDATE ON INCIDENT REPORT OPEN RECORDS REQUEST>>> From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Wed, February 20, 2013 9:05:15 AM Subject: Drilling health effects on emission release Fw: Open Records Center Update :: W010437-020713 FYI this is a PIR response on the Chesapeake odor/emission event near … Continue reading
update…the vote passed to allow onsite, electric compressors in raised housing structures at the fence line by Bowen Rd. These urban electric compressors are touted as emission free, but below you will see a TCEQ questionaire regarding all the different … Continue reading