Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Disposal Well Frack Quake Maker Destined for Arlington?
- Nichols Junior High Dirty Socks & Barnett Shale Lack of Rocks
- Water – Energy NEXUS nixing “Proven Reserves” projections?
- Solvent 4 H2S Scavengers = Air Quality Risk-Switch to Alcohol Based Chemical Treatment
- HSFA = another reason to go OFF GRID on your municipal water supply
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: exposure
And so I try AGAIN to notify Camp Thurman of their toxic neighbor in the hopes they’d join in to fight this….#NEVER2late2FIGHT4truth&justice Here are the invisible emissions UNCOVERED through infrared imagery. There MUST be setback rules for compressor stations in … Continue reading
“Little information is available on the health effects from low-level exposures. The small body of available information varies widely. By Scott Simonton, Ph.D., PE, Morgan Spears The Arc Park site is one in Ft Worth that I have blogged about … Continue reading
Trying to do a health survey of our area to include any changes positive or negative since Jan 2012…participants can email me at email@example.com or call 817 274-7257 and you can be anonymous, I do need the cross streets and … Continue reading
Gas Dispersion SFA STUDY 2014 comparing Exxon and Texaco ‘s benzene while fueling a vehicle….. High relative humidity and high dewpoint = higher Benzene exposure at the gasoline pump …. so what about living near gas stations and living near … Continue reading
Sunset Date: 12/14/2015 Reference: 7 CFR 205.601 In Texas it is unavoidable to NOT have cattle grazing near oil & gas activities. I believe we should properly label our meat and other farm animals/dairy products that were exposed to oil & … Continue reading
Or maybe these industry workers just do work over rig jobs (thanks Earthworks for the FLIR imagery)… Do me a favor…do your wife a fracking favor….don’t tell yer boss now… 1) Get a baseline blood/piss BTEX test-yeah pay 4 it … Continue reading
Terry Greenwood’s testamony appears in this video. At 1:55 into the video, he says “In January 2008, they got one well drilled and our well went so we didn’t have no drinking water. And seven days later, they finally brought … Continue reading
UPDATE!!!!! 1/29/15 FLIR Compressor Station recording near MISD Performing Arts very damning to the industry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ0fnd54us end update Eagle Ridge has just set up this flare (that black telescoping looking thing)…imagine when they haven’t used a flare in the past & … Continue reading
On November 15 2013, Arlington High football athletes played Fossil Ridge at UNT’s Apogee Stadium in Denton (gas wasteland TX) where this ShaleTest video was filmed around that same timeframe. Then on November 23 2013, Arlington Highschool (AHS) elite choir students and other area … Continue reading