Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington Gas Well Ordinance
- Arlington N Korean Like Demands on Term Limits Lawsuit
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- ATF Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- Dr Cynthia Simmons Arlington FAIL 101
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- North Texas Commission
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: Exxon
Name Withdrawn after Trump Appointed Climate Denier “CO2=Life” non-scientist, Kathleen Harnett White, as Environmental Advisor
Feb 2018 update that her name was withdrawn!!…https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/02/03/white-house-to-withdraw-controversial-nominee-to-head-council-on-environmental-quality/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.18aaf79fffc2 No surprise that Trump is appointing a grand witch of a Climate Denier, Kathleen Harnett White, as White House Environmental Advisor. It is the lay of land where our current secretary … Continue reading
10/3/2017 Here is the EPA link to individual superfund sites (that were Harvey-disturbed?) update, https://response.epa.gov/site/doc_list.aspx?site_id=12353. Here is the EPA/TCEQ update: EPA/TCEQ: updated status of systems affected by Harvey “Air quality improving, number of water systems operational increasing in affected areas. … Continue reading
#TimeToCallOut #WebOfDenial On 7/12/16 on C-SPAN2 senators have come together pleading to the president and point out WHO the climate change deniers are. Just in listening today I’ve heard the Democratic senators name those trying to obsufcate the science are : ALEC, Americans … Continue reading
Fracking Underneath Arctic Methane Hydrate Sediments to tap off surface releases hopeful to prevent global warming threat
I never thought I’d say this but…….. “DRILL BABY DRILL” …. that is Professor Wadhams suggests that we use the fracturing technology to target underneath the methane hydrate sediments to “tap off” that which would risk being released as uncontrolled surface methane … Continue reading
Y diesel is sooooooo fracking bad = polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons / BTEX in Arlington neighborhoods
UPDATE on PAHs… “A citizen-requested study out of Oregon State University (OSU) and the University of Cincinnati has found that people living or working near active natural gas wells may be exposed to certain pollutants at higher levels than the … Continue reading
DURANGO blogger posted the contents of an email I sent him …. Monday, April 11, 2011 Residents Gassed During Last Night’s Storm In Southeast Arlington Texas I got a surprising “URGENT” email message a few minutes ago. I did not … Continue reading
1/16/16 Sierra Leone new case of Ebola May 16, 2015 Ebola in Japan May 13 2015 Ebola in Italy 2/13/2015 India Times report Ebola can live in a corpse up to seven days. 1/22/15 Multi-states in India affected … Continue reading
Eagleford Consortium “Sustainable Oil and Gas Communities” / ex-Exxon PR exec appointed to TX state water board
Governor Perry appointed Carlos Rubinstein chairman of the Texas Water Development board (TWDB). Carlos will be a guest speaker in San Antonio for the 3rd annual Eagle Ford Consortium along with the Mayor Julian Castro. The title of the conference is…… … Continue reading
That depends on if it was a surface spill (not likely then), or if it was a ground water, migratory, toxic water tresspass. I collect citizen reports on… dead cows….my newest story dated May 2014 is how a cow is … Continue reading
June 2016 UPDATE heres a picture on FB of a frack pool fail… https://www.facebook.com/292810960810561/photos/a.292815414143449.65944.292810960810561/1029736107118039/?type=3&theater Like · Reply · 2 · June 10 at 11:40pm Michael Kline We had one do the same thing up in Prudhoe Bay earlier this year ——————–end … Continue reading