Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: fire
Power line break whipping in the wind caused the fire….dedicated grids with local renewable power sources is looking better by the… drought. Today is 1/22/2018 and it is 1:50 pm and WFAA is saying some evacuations are happening as I … Continue reading
“Patterson 219 red mountain Quinton ok they where drilling second hole” was one of the comments by Ethan Snyder that I read….on the live feed. Here are a couple of snippet pics I stole…
Update 1/22/18 Usually after you call TCEQ (which I called 911) it takes literally months for the results of the investigative report…this TCEQ report does not exist because…well because they suck at their jobs. http://www.dentonrc.com/news/news/2018/01/20/hazy-day-fuzzy-answers-north-texas-may-never-know-air-bad-back-oct-19 “Satellite images show a bright line … Continue reading
In 2015 in Wyoming… http://trib.com/business/energy/updated-explosion-fire-at-chesapeake-oil-facility-near-douglas-injures/article_f240bbd1-6e12-5949-a580-4c528f0832d1.html May 1 2015 “Two workers were injured in an explosion and fire at an oil facility in Converse County on Friday while working with fluid at a well head”. Then there was the ten … Continue reading
http://www.newson6.com/story/30967288/crews-discover-new-problems-after-battling-grady-county-fracking-operation-fire UPDATE: Fireman bunker gear exposed could catch fire if they have to respond before they can get the gear “cleaned” as it is hazardous to wear in its present “exposed” state. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> … Continue reading
WFAA reported……. Suspicious device detonated at Arlington convenience store
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3552956-chesapeake-a-comprehensive-review-of-current-events-and-the-valuation-bull-case?auth_param=o7ap3:1b1705l:d3d598ed2cc631d12f4c7b3edaa1b20e&uprof=54&dr=1 Rumor has it Chesapeake shopping out? its Utica assets…only a matter of time for the firesale in the Barnett Shale. Arlington’s predominant driller is vulnerable to second tier driller. Business Insider recently reported of Freeport-McMoRan…. A $12 billion commodities … Continue reading
So my mad dash for the camera and my respirator along with my banging heart and surging blood pressure was for naught THIS TIME. The media outlets need to be sensitive to those who live in the gaspatch and are … Continue reading
http://www.katc.com/story/29635571/reports-of-large-fire-in-lake-arthur KATC reported on Sunday, July 26 2015 “…Residents in the area say they were told by officers that an oil well caught fire following a lighting strike. The fire is across the Lake Arthur Bridge, in Vermilion Parish, on … Continue reading
4/12/2016 Tonight Arlington City Council will vote to repeal probably that $2,400 fee per well to fund AFD emergency response readiness to gas well incidents thats been in litigation. ALSO in question if up for “repeal” is the 14-043 amendment related … Continue reading