Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Erin Brockovich visited North TX …is the Arlington connection to increased THM’s fracking induced MICROBIAL proliferation?
- Drinking Water HDPE Piping not Benzene Resistant use larger diameter or composite in our MSD & Urban Drilling Arlington TX town
- Arlington TX Top 4 WORST Tap Drinking Water Score in US…by Calif safe-from-cancer-standards
- Sugarcoating THIS as planned flaring….
- Why Barnett Shale URBAN Drilling is ba a c c k
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: Fluids
BREAKING! ABSTRACT posted in the American Chemical Society entitled Spills of Hydraulic Fracturing Chemicals on Agricultural Topsoil: Biodegradation, Sorption, and Co-Contaminant Interactions Molly Cook McLaughlin, Thomas Borch, and Jens Blotevoge partly reads “Hydraulic fracturing frequently occurs on agricultural land. Yet, the extent … Continue reading
UPDATE: DBP Disinfectant Byproducts is at the heart of our water woes regardless of fracking being near drinking water sources (think of the high bladder cancer rates and read on)….anytime water is being treated per http://wellgal.com/drinking-dead-water-void-essential-minerals/ “…local water is regulated, but … Continue reading
Here is the link to the CDC/NIOSH study released 8/21/14 on the Benzene exposure to workers during flowback. In my comment I speak of how closed, pressurized, ventless flowback tanks should be the energy standard, not open hatch tanks. State Impact … Continue reading
12/30/2012 update…here is a link http://sore.net.au/952/csg-and-sulphate-reducing-bacteria/ with proof of SRB (sulfate reducing bacteria) whose by product is H2s in Australia….the industry is “well” aware of the steel and cement distruction SRB’s cause in addition to the risk to those breathing … Continue reading
update 2/28/2018 Buzz is leaving….five years……hmmph! click pic to enlarge Lake Arlington Compressor Station 5/2009 UPDATE, old BUZZ-ard non responsive on six email attempts…so here is a follow up email… —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com; Jay … Continue reading
Here are excepts from the original news report….(MY COMMENTS INTERJECTED WITH PARENTHESIS) Release at Mansfield natural gas drilling site investigated (by Rusty Ward = fail) MANSFIELD — The unexpected venting of natural gas at a Carrizo Oil & … Continue reading
Slammed with sudden nausea from flowback odors, business woman’s blood pressure soars after vomiting
update 12/30/12 on the topic of man made Sulfate Reducing Bacteria whose byproduct is H2S that risks water, cement, steel and … lungs. https://barnettshalehell.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/risk-of-man-made-sour-gas-heading-near-the-cowboy-stadium-this-fall/ This video is the Chesapeake (3 month old stale) flowback job that sickened an Arlington TX … Continue reading
Here is a letter to the Arlington City Council forwarning of a pending widespread class action lawsuit based on the Secretary of Energy Advisory Board’s recommendations……… From: Kim Feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: February 20, 2012 10:56:33 AM CST To: Robert Shepard <email@example.com>, “Dr. Robert … Continue reading
We need to do soil tests for high chlorides and benzene along the pipelines in Ft Worth that lead to the evaporation (without scrubbers) station pilot program. We also need to investigate if that polyethene? piping from 30? padsites have … Continue reading
Jim Parajon of the City of Arlington Planning Department confirmed that Arlington does not allow injection wells. One of the more troubling issues with drilling for Natural Gas is that for every 1 foot dug on a well, it creates … Continue reading