Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water generator
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: gas
We need folks to contact the corporations who will have representatives leading in the “Viagra Congress” and ask for condoms/catalytic converters on these lift compressors, thanks. Here is a sample letter I used….and below are the contacts, thanks. ATTN (Chevron) … Continue reading
In reading about the delay of our first LNG exports due to instrumentation problems, I commented about one day needing to IMPORT drinking water….in response to one ill-informed commenter who said NG was plentiful & green, I said… “Look up … Continue reading
Urban Drilling correlates w/almost TRIPLE TTHM in Arlington TX drink’n water + 2009 anomaly (spill ?)
Update 7/24/2017 —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Buzz Pishkur <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Trey Yelverton <email@example.com>; Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Rivera <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Michael Glaspie <email@example.com>; Kathryn Wilemon <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sheri Capehart <email@example.com>; Victoria Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Robert … Continue reading
TWEET “Why does it smell like rotten eggs throughout Arlington?? They’re trying to gas poison us yall”
10/5/15 update to see what we are H2S downwind from…. 9/28/15 update from our Firechief… –Mansfield had no 911 calls but Grand Prairie city officials did. Both cities say they found no source of the odor and air monitoring was normal … Continue reading
a c r y l o n i t r i l e: used in the fracking industry to coat the frack sand. When heated, gives off hydrogen cyanide (HCN) fumes. Frack sand undergoes heat during the fracking process…in our … Continue reading
Plastics problems everywhere – in our bodies, they don’t care. Trinkets made our earth can’t take, lets fix the mounds of garbage we make. I choose to reduce the use of plastics-U CAN TOO! #hempoil #wind&solar NOT oil&gas http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2015/04/14/a-tech-upstart-turns-shale-gas-into-plastics-and-gasoline/?utm_source=followingimmediate&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150414 Shale (fail) gas … Continue reading
Thanks to Fish Creek Monitor for this video clip… Faithful Trail aerial view….the predominant winds come from the south/southeast and so this gigantic neighborhood is downwind to the storage tanks and any other leaks. In the winter, Benzene likes to … Continue reading
Update June 2016 http://grist.org/climate-energy/you-could-be-standing-on-an-abandoned-gas-well-right-this-second/ Update November 2015…the family had to walk away from the home…http://kfor.com/2015/11/12/we-did-an-inspection-we-thought-we-were-good-dangerous-substances-in-some-oklahoma-homes-2/ Update July 8 2015 end update UPDATE June 2015 their neighbor’s backyard swamp looks like Bayou Corne complete with methane bubbles and all…it took … Continue reading
Drought response=Waterless laundry to vacuum sewers & toilets / coal seam gas’ motherload of produced water
UPDATE April 2015 http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-08/shell-to-sell-twice-as-much-lng-as-exxon-chevron-after-bg-deal Below speaks of what to do about TX drought/water shortages and the opposite effect from gas production with too much ‘produced water’. All that disturbed produced water from the ancient oceans…Coal Seam Gas was the worst … Continue reading
July 2015 update…There has been a posting in the July 7 edition of Environmental Science & Technology on the subject matter of Barnett Shale methane leaks. Also in Pennsylvania Philly.com reported fly over air studies of methane leaks are underway… End … Continue reading