Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Parker County Grass Fire Evacuations Happening NOW
- “Patterson 219 red mountain Quinton ok they where drilling second hole” Rig Fire FIVE Men Missing
- When mud fails to be NORM tested? LABC story
- Bacteria in Barnett Shale Evolving to Being Antibiotic & Chlorine Resistant & Biocides Risk Failure too
- When Frack on Crack meets Herbicide Harry…..
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: gas
March 2016 update .. AUTHOR: KIM ZETTER.KIM ZETTER SECURITY DATE OF PUBLICATION: 03.03.16.03.03.16 INSIDE THE CUNNING, UNPRECEDENTED HACK OF UKRAINE’S POWER GRID —-end update—– Jan 27 2016 update from Reuters… Exclusive: Hackers may have wider access to Ukrainian industrial facilities UPDATE Dallas … Continue reading
We need folks to contact the corporations who will have representatives leading in the “Viagra Congress” and ask for condoms/catalytic converters on these lift compressors, thanks. Here is a sample letter I used….and below are the contacts, thanks. ATTN (Chevron) … Continue reading
In reading about the delay of our first LNG exports due to instrumentation problems, I commented about one day needing to IMPORT drinking water….in response to one ill-informed commenter who said NG was plentiful & green, I said… “Look up … Continue reading
Urban Drilling correlates w/almost TRIPLE TTHM in Arlington TX drink’n water + 2009 anomaly (spill ?)
Update 1/11/18 With TexASS being the fracking capital of the US doesn’t help as 80% of Texans drink (think glowing) radon ladened water in unacceptable levels…actually there is NO SAFE low level exposure. I’ve been blogging about how the EPA … Continue reading
TWEET “Why does it smell like rotten eggs throughout Arlington?? They’re trying to gas poison us yall”
10/5/15 update to see what we are H2S downwind from…. 9/28/15 update from our Firechief… –Mansfield had no 911 calls but Grand Prairie city officials did. Both cities say they found no source of the odor and air monitoring was normal … Continue reading
UPDATE: Since Arlington City Council has decided to put *stress on benefits to our Arlington Firefighters first to pay for their Civil Service promotions, this blog post if VERY relevant to the added risk to them in being the first … Continue reading
Plastics problems everywhere – in our bodies, they don’t care. Trinkets made our earth can’t take, lets fix the mounds of garbage we make. I choose to reduce the use of plastics-U CAN TOO! #hempoil #wind&solar NOT oil&gas http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2015/04/14/a-tech-upstart-turns-shale-gas-into-plastics-and-gasoline/?utm_source=followingimmediate&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150414 Shale (fail) gas … Continue reading
Thanks to Fish Creek Monitor for this video clip… Faithful Trail aerial view….the predominant winds come from the south/southeast and so this gigantic neighborhood is downwind to the storage tanks and any other leaks. In the winter, Benzene likes to … Continue reading
Update June 2016 http://grist.org/climate-energy/you-could-be-standing-on-an-abandoned-gas-well-right-this-second/ Update November 2015…the family had to walk away from the home…http://kfor.com/2015/11/12/we-did-an-inspection-we-thought-we-were-good-dangerous-substances-in-some-oklahoma-homes-2/ Update July 8 2015 end update UPDATE June 2015 their neighbor’s backyard swamp looks like Bayou Corne complete with methane bubbles and all…it took … Continue reading
Drought response=Waterless laundry to vacuum sewers & toilets / coal seam gas’ motherload of produced water
UPDATE April 2015 http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-08/shell-to-sell-twice-as-much-lng-as-exxon-chevron-after-bg-deal Below speaks of what to do about TX drought/water shortages and the opposite effect from gas production with too much ‘produced water’. All that disturbed produced water from the ancient oceans…Coal Seam Gas was the worst … Continue reading