Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Digging caused pipeline Gas Leak at UTA, zero tolerance needed w/these added risk factors….
- 2016 & part of 2017 TCEQ Violators Identified: see who sux at their jobs
- Radioactive Oil & Gas Piping Repurposed as a Fence Killed Black Rhino $22M
- #SaveLakeArlington What OSHA says about Produced Waters’ RADIOACTIVITY
- MSD 17-1 Brownfields Near Veridian NEVER 2 B Cleaned Up FYI email council TODAY!
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: illness
And so I try AGAIN to notify Camp Thurman of their toxic neighbor in the hopes they’d join in to fight this….#NEVER2late2FIGHT4truth&justice Here are the invisible emissions UNCOVERED through infrared imagery. There MUST be setback rules for compressor stations in … Continue reading
Arlington Fire Department Fuel Spill Flowed to UT Arlington campus…wow just wow…my kid goes to my alumni wasteland campus-yep they have an onsite gas well complex there too. On Saturday, November 30 2015 a diesel fuel spill was detected. Here is … Continue reading
Trying to do a health survey of our area to include any changes positive or negative since Jan 2012…participants can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817 274-7257 and you can be anonymous, I do need the cross streets and … Continue reading
Thanks to Fish Creek Monitor for this video clip… Faithful Trail aerial view….the predominant winds come from the south/southeast and so this gigantic neighborhood is downwind to the storage tanks and any other leaks. In the winter, Benzene likes to … Continue reading
Gulfcoast warrior Kinda Arnesen’s mom is fighting cancer – please help – let the BP disaster be an example of how Arlington residents are risking toxic exposures with Urban Drill sites. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> Cc: … Continue reading
This video starts at Hwy 360 at the TCC campus & then heads NORTH to the Fulson site. After visiting the drillsite by the ATT Cowboys Stadium, this video does not go a little further north to show the drill … Continue reading
update…the vote passed to allow onsite, electric compressors in raised housing structures at the fence line by Bowen Rd. These urban electric compressors are touted as emission free, but below you will see a TCEQ questionaire regarding all the different … Continue reading
Update>>>4/4/13 In response to the Exxon spill in an Arkansas neighborhood, this link updates how many people and counting died within one mobile home park…. “…where residents of one trailer court and neighborhood along the oiled riverbank blame exposure to … Continue reading
March 13, 2012 | From theTrumpet.com America’s need for energy is growing, and it is running out of good options. ROBERT MORLEY http://www.thetrumpet.com/9210.8051.0.0/world/environment/shale-shocked-hydraulic-fracking-turns-into-a-curse Robert Morely writes….”Ever feel like America is cursed? Take our addiction to fossil fuels. It’s a conundrum. … Continue reading
Guess what explicative I’m mouthing? Update…when I was filming I thought I could smell something and I really didn’t want to be that close to a drill site and I even thought I felt light headed, but I knew that … Continue reading