Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Up to 17% Methane Leak Rates Found Making NG worse than Coal by 80 Times!
- SAIS Researchers Find Frack Water Oversight Gaps….clap clap told ya!
- UTA Clear on the path to kill pathogens without chemicals
- Drinking Water HDPE Piping not Benzene Resistant use larger diameter or composite in our MSD & Urban Drilling Arlington TX town
- Arlington TX Top 4 WORST Tap Drinking Water Score in US…by Calif safe-from-cancer-standards
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: insurance
I found an 11/30/2012 email from Collin Gregory, City Of Arlington gas well inspector, responding to a citizen request for our insurance requirement of the frackers …. Minimum Required Coverages Commercial General Liability Policy: $1,000,000 per occurrence Excess or Umbrella Liability: $10,000,000 … Continue reading
UPDATE Sierra Club filed lawsuit today on 2/16/2016… Here is the link to the official notice. Chesapeake, Devon, Sandridge, & New Dominion LLC were named as Defendants, the Plaintiffs R threatening to bring a class action lawsuit after 90 … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> To: Kim Feil Sent: Friday, January 1, 2016 11:55 AM Subject: General questions about an insurance product Dear Ms. Feil, Thank you for your e-mail correspondence and interest in our property insurance! We … Continue reading
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/25/obamacare-policies-slam-smokers-could-backfire/# So you have your own insurance you wanna keep it albeit noncompliant to the expensive beeps & whistles of the Obamacare plans? Or you refuse to participate in government handouts even if you “do” qualify? Say you break down … Continue reading
This video starts at Hwy 360 at the TCC campus & then heads NORTH to the Fulson site. After visiting the drillsite by the ATT Cowboys Stadium, this video does not go a little further north to show the drill … Continue reading
update, our water dept is getting good with tapping pipe. see the video here…..good job guys!….would come in handy to work on water main leaks from all the stresses of extreme temps, subsidence (near fracking), and maybe they go could … Continue reading
1/2016 UPDATE: —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Stephen P. Lea <email@example.com>; Buzz Pishkur <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Don Crowson <email@example.com>; Jay W. White <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Trey Yelverton <email@example.com> Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:58 AM Subject: BUDGET item/Fw: What’s New … Continue reading
update 3/2014…possbily 4…the grandmother just died…will find out where she lived. UPDATE 11/26/2013 !>>>>>Make that THREE related cancers if you count the family pet!!! Below is a video that maps out where the aunt and the niece (who live close to … Continue reading
Regarding the GM to PLant more Pollution? article, I say “Just great!” note the sarcasim….that may even mean even more pollution for our Entertainment District based on those prevailing southerly winds blowing to the north. Per this Interactive EPA GHG Offenders site, … Continue reading
If the Truman/Cowboy Stadium site would have been heard first, I wonder if things would have gone differently? I give many thanks to the “real” people that protested against fracking outside the chambers earlier that stayed for the other drilling case … Continue reading