Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- TRWD infoFRACKic: how to hide elephant in room AND why TCEQ air testing FAILS
- Pictures of Lake Arlington Flooding #SaveLakeArlington #StopBluestone
- Why Prima Facie Trumping HB40 will Probably NOT be Challenged in McAllen Denied Gas Well Permit
- About those fracking three-eyed babies….
- Comment implicates ruined Aledo well water by fracking
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: jobs
UPDATE trick ticket to hell as propaganda “Keep the Rangers” is all over the PAC’s signs, bill-boards, etc. …..without evidence that the Rangers WILL leave…..the video of mayor admitting they never said they would leave is HERE. Last night was a … Continue reading
Poor AND live by a fracking site? The government has a Clean Energy Incentive Program for low income areas that they will be taking public comment on for you to provide input as to how much money should be in this … Continue reading
A FORMER employee of MMC Land Mgmt targeted Mr Tom Jefferson with racist remarks while filming grandmothers protesting a frack site. The viral youtube video he posted yielded thousands of comments plus some lagniappe. The “chimp” & other crude remarks not only got … Continue reading
Yesterday I blogged about how The Arlington Chamber of Commerce failed to convince council not to adopt a per well fee to support our emergency response teams ability to respond to gas well incidents in our neighborhoods. They quoted a … Continue reading
So the City of Arlington has an American Dream City story submission website … So this is what I submitted…. “I am part of a group where I suggested that we name it “Liveable Arlington”. Secretly the name in my opinion … Continue reading
Or maybe these industry workers just do work over rig jobs (thanks Earthworks for the FLIR imagery)… Do me a favor…do your wife a fracking favor….don’t tell yer boss now… 1) Get a baseline blood/piss BTEX test-yeah pay 4 it … Continue reading
Here is the youtube video of the geologist blasting the Texas Water Development Board… The Public hearing on the “Region C and Region D Interregional Conflict” was held in Arlington at the Bob Duncan Center on April 20,2014 Join the … Continue reading
The TCEQ emissions inventory Phase 1 and 2 did not include preproduction emissions such as drilling, fracking and flowback….go figure. Arlington’s major gas producer, Chesapeake, presented a NOMAC (contracted driller) presentation at the 2012 AADE Technical Symposium on how much money … Continue reading
Texas Health Resources bids farewell to former lady fracker who headed up the Blue Zone “well”ness project
UPDATE…here is a 2011 letter I’m just finding out about where Julie Wilson, X VP of Barnett Shale/Chesapeake is telling people who to vote for that are fracking friendly…. Chesapeake PAC Local Candidate Endorsements May 3, 2011 at 9:55pm … Continue reading