Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: lake arlington
The Star Telegram article headline reads: “Foes say Lake Arlington injection well would threaten drinking water” http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article137417708.html And two comments are as follows…..
Being on the steering committee for the Village Creek-Lake Arlington Watershed Protection Plan has its perks…. register to attend TWON, pick up a FREE test kit, watch an online video of how to obtain your sample, the night before or … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Buzz Pishkur <Buzz.Pishkur@arlingtontx.gov> Cc: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Trey Yelverton <email@example.com>; Cynthia Simmons <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 6:10 PM Subject: Re: When will the city send Ft Worth a notice … Continue reading
There is an opportunity for anybody to make public comments regarding the risks to water with fracking, but you need to sign up right away at email address email@example.com as there are a limited number of 3 minute speaking slots on … Continue reading
On 1/21/2017 the NCTCOG Water Resources Council held a meeting at 616 Six Flags Dr, Arlington TX from 10:30-Noon. Here is my coverage/notes/video(s). I was very thankful to be able as a NON-member to express my concerns at the end … Continue reading
Urban Drilling correlates w/almost TRIPLE TTHM in Arlington TX drink’n water + 2009 anomaly (spill ?)
– Total Trihalomethanes are the unwanted byproduct of disinfecting polluted water. TTHM has no federal guideline for a margin of safety in a MCLG. Maximum Contaminant Level Goal assures us that below a certain level there is no known or expected … Continue reading
The Denton Record Chronicle had a guest news article touting how much money has gone to help children at for example Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas…… Jerry Simmons: HB 40 helps industry help communities that is worthy of a blog shout … Continue reading
Uranium tainted drinkn’ water MODESTO flooding experiment 2 recharge aquifer / Trinity River fracked?
UPDATE 1/20/16 an orchard in MODESTO California is being purposefully flooded w/storm water stock and they are tracking the health of the trees being subjected to the waters to see if they can recharge the ground water stolen by drought … Continue reading
UPDATE March 1 2017 …I told them so…they had a chance to buy up (and permanently shut in) these padsites when they were being auctioned off! Now we are on track to get a disposal well… look at the picture … Continue reading