Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Metal Organic Framework to store Methane
- PEROVSkite a kite dream rewarding Impact Investment
- Hurricanes R Strategic Boons for Natural Gas Growth / Perry & POTUS Ignorant of Energy Balance for Methane
- Energy Transfer Partners Dallas Dance Protest
- Meth(ane) Arlington Addiction / Fannin & Swappo Drillzones violate 600 ft setback
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- impact investing
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: migration
UPDATE be sure to go to the bottom of this post to see Dr Plata’s response in boldface to my questions related to this new study out… Inside Climate News reported of sampling in 64 private ground water wells 3 to … Continue reading
A frack site at 2365 S Jennings St. is ONE THOUSAND FEET from an EPA designated Cadmium and Nickel superfund site at 2301 S Main St in Ft Worth TX …. suprised?http://www.epa.gov/earth1r6/6sf/pdffiles/pesses-tx.pdf Dale Henry, a retired Petrolem Engineer, said fracking … Continue reading
Please wait as 45 seconds into the video the audio improves. WHO: Video of Dale Henry, retired Petroleum Engineer, who (unsuccessfully) ran for Railroad Commissioner four times. If you live in Texas you’d know that democrats don’t fair “well” in … Continue reading
Dec 2014 UPATE… A Duke professor reported that chloride, bromide, sodium, manganese, strontium and barium have been found in Wolf Creek that may be linked to migration from a nearby waste water injection well in Virginia. These are chemicals linked to fracking … Continue reading
1/7/16 UPDATE did U know?…ATSDR says that Radon is used: to predict earthquakes, in the study of atmospheric transport, and in exploration for petroleum and uranium ….end update…. So is it logical to ponder that shale gas leaks can cause … Continue reading
Update August 2014… Here is a link to 1973-1981 (pre-drilling water info) “The concentrations of dissolved iron and dissolved manganese are exceptions to this generalization. At site AQ near Arlington Dam, the concentrations of dissolved iron and dissolved manganese in … Continue reading
That depends on if it was a surface spill (not likely then), or if it was a ground water, migratory, toxic water tresspass. I collect citizen reports on… dead cows….my newest story dated May 2014 is how a cow is … Continue reading
This picture reminds me of how stupid people buried fuel storage tanks and what can happen eventually to them…they fail…..they leak. This is one of the City of Arlington’s agenda items that passed on the meeting of 8/6/2013 …. RECOMMENDATION … Continue reading
update on 6/5/2013…the log I’ve been keeping of the on site air monitor has greatly improved on the Benzene readings so whatever they did here may have helped in controlling Benzene 🙂 So if you want to see what … Continue reading
Mysterious death of 4 year buck deer on Sat. 2/16/2013 was previously exposed to water that is fed through underground springs that owner says during the summer time changed to a chemical odor that seemed like it would be flammable … Continue reading