Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Smoky Odors Enveloped DFW Metroplex 10/19/17 & Inversion Made it Noticeable
- Launch of New Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction Standard, 29 CFR § 1926.1153
- Enron-like claim $3.6B NG utilities linked scheme drove consumer pricing up with falsely inflated scarcity
- Hurricane Harvey Hits Big Oil & Gas with #WhoPaysForHarvey BILLBOARDS SLAY
- Our taxes pay for this so…Email NCTCOG for CURRENT DFW Fracking Airshed Info
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: mining
As ‘Chevron plans to pivot from big projects to west Texas shale’, and double its rig counts there, public comment is now being taken on the 2017 Texas Water Development Board’s water plan… http://www.twdb.texas.gov/waterplanning/swp/2017/doc/DRAFT_2017SWP.pdf Here are my comments, please send … Continue reading
Uranium tainted drinkn’ water MODESTO flooding experiment 2 recharge aquifer / Trinity River fracked?
UPDATE 1/20/16 an orchard in MODESTO California is being purposefully flooded w/storm water stock and they are tracking the health of the trees being subjected to the waters to see if they can recharge the ground water stolen by drought … Continue reading
Sunset Date: 12/14/2015 Reference: 7 CFR 205.601 In Texas it is unavoidable to NOT have cattle grazing near oil & gas activities. I believe we should properly label our meat and other farm animals/dairy products that were exposed to oil & … Continue reading
Now that we are getting away from coal?…its historic pollution will be around to continue haunt us especially with all the crazy flooding these days…relating this dino endeavor to fracking…..we have to look forward to all the nasty contents of those … Continue reading
handi info….Coal Bed Methane represents only 2.4% of global gas production, yet accounts for an estimated 67% of the global ‘produced water’ that gets disturbed, brought up, and needs to be disposed of properly. RSOE reported…”Scientists are working to pinpoint … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Rivera <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “Stuart.Young@arlingtontx.gov” <Stuart.Young@arlingtontx.gov>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” … Continue reading
http://www.tad.org/datasearch/re.cfm?Account=%28%2E%21%24LJ%2DX%3EI%40X%20 I protested the value of my home last month with the Tarrant County Appraisal Board. I had planned to do this ever since they started drilling last summer two blocks from where we live by the ATT Cowboys Stadium … Continue reading
update 3/2014…possbily 4…the grandmother just died…will find out where she lived. UPDATE 11/26/2013 !>>>>>Make that THREE related cancers if you count the family pet!!! Below is a video that maps out where the aunt and the niece (who live close to … Continue reading
UPDATE July 5 2016 A few months ago an invention to gel perserve the wires makes for endless? recharging although this application is for lithium batteries but MAY be applicable to graphine/hemp supercapacitators? I may not be talking apples … Continue reading