Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington Resident’s $15 Mineral Tax Bill in Home Lien Status
- Up to 17% Methane Leak Rates Found Making NG worse than Coal by 80 Times!
- SAIS Researchers Find Frack Water Oversight Gaps….clap clap told ya!
- UTA Clear on the path to kill pathogens without chemicals
- Drinking Water HDPE Piping not Benzene Resistant use larger diameter or composite in our MSD & Urban Drilling Arlington TX town
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: niosh
Or maybe these industry workers just do work over rig jobs (thanks Earthworks for the FLIR imagery)… Do me a favor…do your wife a fracking favor….don’t tell yer boss now… 1) Get a baseline blood/piss BTEX test-yeah pay 4 it … Continue reading
Here is the link to the CDC/NIOSH study released 8/21/14 on the Benzene exposure to workers during flowback. In my comment I speak of how closed, pressurized, ventless flowback tanks should be the energy standard, not open hatch tanks. State Impact … Continue reading
3/2016 Update make that NINE worker deaths as mentioned here end update ——– Oct 2014 eenews UPDATE “An EnergyWire investigation identified the cases of the four men — Bergsing, Buckles, Blaine Otto and Trent Vigus — from OSHA databases. EnergyWire then … Continue reading
UPDATE May 2015 on an airshed study for health risks near drilling…. http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archives/2015/may/fracking-may-affect-air-quality-and-human-health-osu-study-finds “Air pollution from fracking operations may pose an under-recognized health hazard to people living near them,” said the study’s coauthor Kim Anderson, an environmental chemist with OSU’s College … Continue reading
Above is video of movie maker, (mucus) Phelim McAleer, getting appropriately grilled too. I haven’t yet seen the movie, but just in reading the Keith Mauck’s review in GoMarcellus dot com, where he quoted dairy farm owner, Don White, “I like to … Continue reading
Who ever thought that electric compressor stations were appropriate for urban drilling was mistaken…electric compressor stations depend on “electricity from the grid” but also plays a role in “supplying natural gas to the power plants that MAKE electricity for … Continue reading
Envir Tester Ph.D Master Public Health on Fracking & Flowback Emissions Fallout Distance 1,800 – 2,500 feet of the downwind effect
I changed the voice mode to keep this doctor anonymous in this phone conversation/video….. At first I recorded this because I’m a lousy note taker and hate to make people repeat things…but then I recognized the value of this information … Continue reading
Dear Arlington leaders, I took the above video a couple of months ago. I also saw trains carrying the same thing in Dallas a few weeks ago. I asked the State Dept of Health (and county) to send a rep. to … Continue reading
update… —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: John Rath <email@example.com>; Sharon Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sharon Wilson <email@example.com>; Calvin Tillman <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:44 PM Subject: Re: seeking input for speech completed message John RAth John, … Continue reading