Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Radioactive Oil & Gas Piping Repurposed as a Fence Killed Black Rhino $22M
- #SaveLakeArlington What OSHA says about Produced Waters’ RADIOACTIVITY
- MSD 17-1 Brownfields Near Veridian NEVER 2 B Cleaned Up FYI email council TODAY!
- Exercise USDOT exempt from exempt loophole found against O&G industry
- Relaxed Frack for RENEWABLE Energy Banking
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: osha
In looking for more info on how a south Texas valley rancher lost his leg and rhino from radioactive poisoned piping that was repurposed as fencing (courtesy of the Oil & Gas industry decades ago), I found THIS doc …….. … Continue reading
“Little information is available on the health effects from low-level exposures. The small body of available information varies widely. By Scott Simonton, Ph.D., PE, Morgan Spears The Arc Park site is one in Ft Worth that I have blogged about … Continue reading
Or maybe these industry workers just do work over rig jobs (thanks Earthworks for the FLIR imagery)… Do me a favor…do your wife a fracking favor….don’t tell yer boss now… 1) Get a baseline blood/piss BTEX test-yeah pay 4 it … Continue reading
update 3/24/2016 —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Trey Yelverton <email@example.com>; Cynthia Simmons <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>; Darwin Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Richard Williammee <email@example.com>; GovDelivery <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; API User <email@example.com>; Michael Peters <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Thursday, March … Continue reading
UPDATE Failed RRC candidate Brown suggested Public Health and Safety Empowerment (PHASE) Councils would gauge quality of life impacts on communities, schools and hospitals within 1,500 feet of drilling or waste disposal activities. They’d work with operators to monitor ongoing … Continue reading
Here is the link to the CDC/NIOSH study released 8/21/14 on the Benzene exposure to workers during flowback. In my comment I speak of how closed, pressurized, ventless flowback tanks should be the energy standard, not open hatch tanks. State Impact … Continue reading
Star Telegram reported that 34-year-old Nabor Alvarado of Alvarado was an employee of Trinidad Drilling, a Canadian company working for Chesapeake Energy. Here is the OSHA report…. https://www.osha.gov/pls/imis/establishment.inspection_detail?id=314274556 “On July 13, 2010, a floor crew was assembling and installing the track system for … Continue reading
UPDATE May 2015 on an airshed study for health risks near drilling…. http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archives/2015/may/fracking-may-affect-air-quality-and-human-health-osu-study-finds “Air pollution from fracking operations may pose an under-recognized health hazard to people living near them,” said the study’s coauthor Kim Anderson, an environmental chemist with OSU’s College … Continue reading
Above is video of movie maker, (mucus) Phelim McAleer, getting appropriately grilled too. I haven’t yet seen the movie, but just in reading the Keith Mauck’s review in GoMarcellus dot com, where he quoted dairy farm owner, Don White, “I like to … Continue reading