Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Comments needed NOW on TX Horned Shell Mussels as an Endangered Species #fracking #collateral #damage
- Anatomy pics of Frackquake Aug 13 2017 Snyder TX
- Remorseful Robert Rivera in Approving Urban Drilling in Arlington Gasland TX
- $11 million cost revealed with new Arlington TX Rangers Stadium
- Deep Direct Use Geothermal SMU successful pilot project derailed w/low NG prices now LNG exports can nail it up
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- deep direct use
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water generator
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: pipeline
Borrowing from Equity Markets to Frack For Oil + Lack of Free Cash Flow = UNsustainable just for the US
update 8/2017 water use for fracking unsustainable too http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/As-the-oil-patch-demands-more-water-West-Texas-11724100.php end update This article, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4084591-new-darlings-wall-street-folly-oil-fracking-investing, reads….“Unlike the two previous US-made financial bubbles (dot-com and real estate), the ‘frackers bubble’ is having meaningful positive economic effects on the rest of the world, through … Continue reading
Here is the link for the alert…http://alerts.skytruth.org/report/1d5ec80c-430c-3fa0-81b0-ba3d0bba2250 May 18, 2017 there was a gas leak due to a contractor hitting a pipeline with digging equipment. While this happens often, with natural gas well production occurring within the city limits “and” … Continue reading
http://alerts.skytruth.org/report/7242db69-2403-3aa8-97e5-99cef08dba62#c=stae reported near Texas City a release of Paraxylene. Toxic Paraxlyene is used in clothing among other “useful?” products. You know the shits bad if Chinese citizens revolt against new PX Plants (remember the big explosions in 2013 & 2015 following/justifying the prior … Continue reading
Now thats one suck a$$ way to raise the price of NG…..http://www.nofrackingway.us/2016/04/30/massive-deadly-gas-pipeline-explosion/ “Crews shut off the gas feeding the flames, which burst out of Spectra’s 36-inch Texas Eastern pipeline in Salem Township at about8:30 a.m., John Poister, a spokesman for … Continue reading
Lets learn about flow lines …that piping that is aged and aging…. ….in relating to spillage/leakages of brine, oil, or natural gas…. energy.about says …“Flowlines connect to a single wellhead in a producing field. Flowlines move natural gas from the wellhead to … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Buzz Pishkur <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jim Parajon <email@example.com> Cc: Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Shepard <email@example.com>; Jimmy Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Michael Glaspie <email@example.com>; Sheri Capehart <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Kathryn Wilemon <email@example.com>; … Continue reading
update June 27 2015 in Oklahoma, New 9 captures on video an injection well’s storage tank blowing up almost killing some firemen….#NotGood4Neighborhoods June 17, 2015 at Indian Hills Golf Course in Ontario Jamie Reitknecht takes video too close to this … Continue reading
This really nice guy that I met in the hotel lobby in Midland TX (when my son had an All State Choir competition) innocently told me this… The tubing can be manufactured in another county, but so long as it … Continue reading