Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Hurricane Harvey Hits Big Oil & Gas with #WhoPaysForHarvey BILLBOARDS SLAY
- Our taxes pay for this so…Email NCTCOG for CURRENT DFW Fracking Airshed Info
- Handley Fossil Plant at Lake Arlington next to close? nah! See maps of 3 coal plants closing in TX
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: quicksilver
On 1/21/2017 the NCTCOG Water Resources Council held a meeting at 616 Six Flags Dr, Arlington TX from 10:30-Noon. Here is my coverage/notes/video(s). I was very thankful to be able as a NON-member to express my concerns at the end … Continue reading
UPDATE March 1 2017 …I told them so…they had a chance to buy up (and permanently shut in) these padsites when they were being auctioned off! Now we are on track to get a disposal well… look at the picture … Continue reading
Update! 3/3/2017 If you scroll down through this blog page you’ll see the Quicksilver pictures of flooding on the Ft Worth side which is where they are planning to drill a disposal well. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil … Continue reading
UPDATE March 1 2017: Mr Rainwater’s money is the gift that just keeps on giving… toxic risks….as now Bluestone (financed by Rainwater co) now owns the drill sites next to our drinking water source near Lake Arlington AND want to … Continue reading
A frack site at 2365 S Jennings St. is ONE THOUSAND FEET from an EPA designated Cadmium and Nickel superfund site at 2301 S Main St in Ft Worth TX …. suprised?http://www.epa.gov/earth1r6/6sf/pdffiles/pesses-tx.pdf Dale Henry, a retired Petrolem Engineer, said fracking … Continue reading
The Texasfishingforum had many quotes that jumped out at me… 1) about the west side being a high crime area, 2) the fish kill of 2010 and 2011, and the comment that 3) “…all the fertilizers from the **rich people lawns … Continue reading
Now that our first fracking nuisance suit was won recently….I’d like to go back in time to revisit what a nuisance it was when frack water went into Lake Arlington (our drinking water reservoir) over night. One of the Quick Silver … Continue reading
Dec 7 2015 update Kinder Morgan (midstream) is having issues $$$…hope Crestwood doesn’t cut corners…left council/Stuart Young an email warning. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Stuart Young <email@example.com> Cc: Michael Glaspie <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Shepard <email@example.com>; Robert … Continue reading