Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington Gas Well Ordinance
- Arlington N Korean Like Demands on Term Limits Lawsuit
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- ATF Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- Dr Cynthia Simmons Arlington FAIL 101
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- North Texas Commission
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: radon
I have been blogging about how treating frack wastewater makes Frack on Crack and now PROOF. http://e360.yale.edu/digest/treated-fracking-wastewater-contaminated-watershed-with-radioactive-material-and-endocrine-disrupters-study-shows “… found that they were contaminated with endocrine-disrupting chemicals called nonylphenol ethoxylates; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are carcinogens; and elevated levels of radium”. … Continue reading
I see a loophole NOT yet exercised in transporting this waste currently being exempted from being called “hazardous” which may NOT be EXEMPT if exceeding the USdot thresholds for TENORM. This is where I am gifting you (Arlington Mayor and … Continue reading
Gotcha Sleeping Pill called Radon ? Another reason to lose natural gas cooking & heating in Tarrant Toxic County
Dr Alisa Rich of Wolf Eagle Environmental once told me that the gas coming into our homes isn’t pure methane….something we should be concerned about. Removing your home OFF of natural gas appliances is a wise choice amid all the … Continue reading
Just when U thought GMO cotton was nasty….how bout’ the prospect of (fracking related) RADIOACTIVE tampon risk! —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “AgriLifeCR@tamu.edu” <AgriLifeCR@tamu.edu> Cc: Ph.D. Avner Vengosh <email@example.com> Sent: Wednesday, February … Continue reading
Urban Drilling correlates w/almost TRIPLE TTHM in Arlington TX drink’n water + 2009 anomaly (spill ?)
UPDATE —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Chris Turner <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; Congressman Joe Barton <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 11:06 AM Subject: O& G produced water exempt from Clean Water Act-Class 1 injection well risks … Continue reading
RRC allows produced WASTE water releases 4 free if for ag or watering wildlife – no NORM testing required!
update here is a RRC website admit they use drilling waste for road base…lovely! My cliff note to readers in this blog is that before Barnett Shale operators switch from injecting produced water to disposal wells to discharging it into … Continue reading
After reading this report, I want to point out that nobody at the federal level (due to oil & gas exemptions) regulates frack wastes for radiation! http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/122-a50/ Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP) February 2014 issue has a report entitled…. “Radionuclides in Fracking Wastewater: … Continue reading
OK Fractivists…sound off and share this and love it love it love it cause cooking with Nasty (radioactive?) Natural Gas will eventually be a thing of the past. http://ovens.reviewed.com/features/the-future-of-induction-cooking-heats-up?utm_source=TB_paid&utm_medium=cpc Bosch and Electrolux are two companies cashing in on this! Induction … Continue reading
1/7/16 UPDATE did U know?…ATSDR says that Radon is used: to predict earthquakes, in the study of atmospheric transport, and in exploration for petroleum and uranium ….end update…. So is it logical to ponder that shale gas leaks can cause … Continue reading