Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: rain
NOLA.com covered the recent flooding event with pictures. From the video link, here are some before and after flooding pics of the padsite with storage tanks at the I10 Texas/Louisiana border by Orange TX. Also picture in this video are some … Continue reading
At the corner of Collins and Division (our busiest intersection in Arlington) what stands at the Entertainment District and connects to our Downtown area is a lovely drill site tucked away behind a fence…that no one wants to develop the … Continue reading
Nov 12 2014 UPDATE UPDATE Nov 12 2014…US.practicallaw.com wrote…“Other aspects of well construction and hydraulic fracturing are largely exempt from the CWA. Water, gas and other material that are injected into a well to facilitate oil or gas production are … Continue reading
UPDATE Nov 12 2014…US.practicallaw.com wrote…“Other aspects of well construction and hydraulic fracturing are largely exempt from the CWA. Water, gas and other material that are injected into a well to facilitate oil or gas production are not considered “pollutants” under … Continue reading
Update August 2014… Here is a link to 1973-1981 (pre-drilling water info) “The concentrations of dissolved iron and dissolved manganese are exceptions to this generalization. At site AQ near Arlington Dam, the concentrations of dissolved iron and dissolved manganese in … Continue reading
June 2014 Barnett Shale DFW municipal update… ALSO READ…. Jan 2014 update… Dec 2013 UPDATE>>>>more stuff to filter out of yer tap ya’ll… New report: Unregulated contaminants common in drinking water…“Traces of 18 unregulated chemicals were found in drinking water … Continue reading
Dec 7 2015 update Kinder Morgan (midstream) is having issues $$$…hope Crestwood doesn’t cut corners…left council/Stuart Young an email warning. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Stuart Young <email@example.com> Cc: Michael Glaspie <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Shepard <email@example.com>; Robert … Continue reading
EVEN THOUGH THE NEARBY HANDLEY POWERPLANT (see in left center of picture) improved emissions, unknown is how they mix with NG Compressor Station emissions…..our air is a toxic concoction needing to be de-mystified! If only the drillers can find out … Continue reading
click pic to enlarge Lake Arlington Compressor Station 5/2009 UPDATE, old BUZZ-ard non responsive on six email attempts…so here is a follow up email… —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; Jay Doegey <Jay.Doegey@arlingtontx.gov>; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Michael.Buettner@arlingtontx.gov; email@example.com; … Continue reading