Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- When mud fails to be NORM tested? LABC story
- Bacteria in Barnett Shale Evolving to Being Antibiotic & Chlorine Resistant & Biocides Risk Failure too
- When Frack on Crack meets Herbicide Harry…..
- Cadmus Scientists Removed their Names From EPA Report Concluding that Fracking was Safe
- Urban Drilling The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: rashes
Update August 2014… Here is a link to 1973-1981 (pre-drilling water info) “The concentrations of dissolved iron and dissolved manganese are exceptions to this generalization. At site AQ near Arlington Dam, the concentrations of dissolved iron and dissolved manganese in … Continue reading
This video starts at Hwy 360 at the TCC campus & then heads NORTH to the Fulson site. After visiting the drillsite by the ATT Cowboys Stadium, this video does not go a little further north to show the drill … Continue reading
UPDATE another lady with a similar rash video…. On Sat May18, 2013 Arlington held a city wide garage sale at 1400 Dugan Street near General Motors and their two Chesapeake gas well padsites. A woman who lived nearby complained about … Continue reading
update… —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: John Rath <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sharon Wilson <email@example.com>; Sharon Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Calvin Tillman <email@example.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:44 PM Subject: Re: seeking input for speech completed message John RAth John, … Continue reading
From: Kim Feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: May 1, 2012 12:51:23 PM CDT To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Subject: concern for students health Mansfield Davis Elementary School is 880 feet east of the Arlington Compressor Station, a high impact industrial site. Last … Continue reading
Update>>>4/4/13 In response to the Exxon spill in an Arkansas neighborhood, this link updates how many people and counting died within one mobile home park…. “…where residents of one trailer court and neighborhood along the oiled riverbank blame exposure to … Continue reading
Our grandpa’s traditional vertical wells used only 2,000 psi, were not water and chemically intensive, and did not use detonation guns to fracture unconventional shale gas sources at 8-10,000 psi in the air shed of urban, highly populated areas. New … Continue reading