Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: risk
UTA Clear interview on Eagleford Shale findings on air quality testing.
Uranium tainted drinkn’ water MODESTO flooding experiment 2 recharge aquifer / Trinity River fracked?
UPDATE 1/20/16 an orchard in MODESTO California is being purposefully flooded w/storm water stock and they are tracking the health of the trees being subjected to the waters to see if they can recharge the ground water stolen by drought … Continue reading
Fracking Underneath Arctic Methane Hydrate Sediments to tap off surface releases hopeful to prevent global warming threat
I never thought I’d say this but…….. “DRILL BABY DRILL” …. that is Professor Wadhams suggests that we use the fracturing technology to target underneath the methane hydrate sediments to “tap off” that which would risk being released as uncontrolled surface methane … Continue reading
…enjoy this awesome Arlington singing group…. Thanks for visiting BarnettShaleHell.wordpress.com for viewing this video of the National Anthem sung by the Martin High School Chamber Choir…now if you drink water in Arlington, please listen to this next video that I recorded … Continue reading
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/16/presbyterian-fires-back-we-followed-cdc-guidelines/17345205/….“WE followed CDC guidelines”.….wanh wanh wanh! Excuses=same for urban drilling as the fracking drillers say “we were in compliance to the ordinance/TCEQ/RRC/EPA”…when the masses look back at where they live and why they are sick/loved ones died….thus this blog with … Continue reading
Nov 12 2014 UPDATE UPDATE Nov 12 2014…US.practicallaw.com wrote…“Other aspects of well construction and hydraulic fracturing are largely exempt from the CWA. Water, gas and other material that are injected into a well to facilitate oil or gas production are … Continue reading
1/7/16 UPDATE did U know?…ATSDR says that Radon is used: to predict earthquakes, in the study of atmospheric transport, and in exploration for petroleum and uranium ….end update…. So is it logical to ponder that shale gas leaks can cause … Continue reading
June 2014 Barnett Shale DFW municipal update… ALSO READ…. Jan 2014 update… Dec 2013 UPDATE>>>>more stuff to filter out of yer tap ya’ll… New report: Unregulated contaminants common in drinking water…“Traces of 18 unregulated chemicals were found in drinking water … Continue reading
Mysterious death of 4 year buck deer on Sat. 2/16/2013 was previously exposed to water that is fed through underground springs that owner says during the summer time changed to a chemical odor that seemed like it would be flammable … Continue reading
UPDATE ON INCIDENT REPORT OPEN RECORDS REQUEST>>> From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Wed, February 20, 2013 9:05:15 AM Subject: Drilling health effects on emission release Fw: Open Records Center Update :: W010437-020713 FYI this is a PIR response on the Chesapeake odor/emission event near … Continue reading