Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Video of distressed bird & reported other dead birds near Denton County drill site 2011
- City of Arlington employee, Jim Parajon, still silent on Arlington tremors being reported as far back as 2011
- April 11, 2011 TWO padsites spewed on Arlington residents
- Red Light Camera Co’s atty Threatens City Lawsuit Parallels O&G Response to Denton’s Fracking Ban
- Videos of my nosebleeds in City of Arlington aka Barnett Shale HELL – I never had these prior to Urban Drilling
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- no public review
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: royalties
this pic is a view from a Texas state park under a spiderweb —– Forwarded Message —- From: Dennis Gissell <Dennis.Gissell@tpwd.state.tx.us> To: email@example.com Sent: Wed, January 23, 2013 1:39:17 PM Subject: Response to your request for information Dear Sir or Madame: Thank … Continue reading
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/could-landowners-be-held-liable-for-drilling-cleanups-1.363150 Could landowners be held liable for drilling cleanups? By BOB DOWNING Published: January 7, 2013 From the Ohio Environmental Law Review: (Posted by Grant Maki, OEC Attorney Of Counsel) This is the first of a series of posts highlighting a few situations … Continue reading
UPDATE Jan 2015 Here is a pic of me and Benzene in the background of a city video protesting at Ecofest 2014… UPDATE Sept 12 2014 How ironic that blood money from drilling that funds the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation account … Continue reading
UPDATE…http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2012/07/fracking-my-family/ “We’re told that those who get their land drilled first will have the highest yields and the most money. One speaker demonstrated with a straw and a cup of soda, showing that wherever drillers (his straw) first pierced would have … Continue reading
UPDATE… —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Robert Rivera <email@example.com>; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Stuart.Young@arlingtontx.gov; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Sent: Tue, August 7, 2012 10:18:39 AM Subject: update…open records not avail on who is (should be) choking … Continue reading
update August 2014 Here is an article where WV couple claims a lien has been put on their home by Chesapeake. update…below is mention of choking back the wells ….here is a cut and paste as to why thats not … Continue reading
Nuisance Ordinance not being enforced- Chesapeake odor event two miles strong in Arlington Entertainment District
UPDATE Less than a year later the Truman drill site by the ATT Cowboys Stadium had an odor event that stank up the Entertainment District in Arlington, yet NO NUSIANCE VIOLATION was found!… And here is the map from Harwell … Continue reading
The Video of a Jersey Shore squirrel is getting media attention. Sadly this may be linked to bromide posioning from nearby fracking activity.“Zinc bromide high-density brines are widely used in well completions,…” “This is not good at all. That color looks very much like … Continue reading
Don’t forget to read the Youtube comments, another lady talks about how her family had to leave their contaminated home too!!! Texans R next?
It’s OK dear Star Telegram reporter that you waved at me and omitted writing about the one lone protestor greeting you and the attendees at the Arlington Convention Center ( $500 starting price for tables) brag fest. Last year the … Continue reading