Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Bye Bye Chesapeake Bonjour Total hell
- Additional Ranger game goers lured by A/C would be valued @NEGATIVE $500 per seat per game over 37 years
- Did Rangers employees think jobs R at risk or just want A/C? They showed up in white tees!
- Arlington Field of Schemes trick ticket makes the Nov ballot
- NAACP Briggs & Stratton help Raising Men Lawncare mow breathably !
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: royalties
I cut and paste most revalent for ease of reading on the most recent “Barnett Shale Bullshit”… A man with the initals, W.G. on facebook wrote… ***GAS WARS*** “…notices that there has been a new gravel based road that cuts from … Continue reading
Here is another letter I’m sharing ….giving the frackers tax breaks-breaks my heart. Dear Bardin Greene Luxury Apartments, Please have your accountant ask the Tarrant County Appraisal District to lower your tax values on those properties in Arlington TX on … Continue reading
If you did a keyword search and my similar tag words brought you here and think it is unrelated & not applicable to you…wrong….WE ALL DRINK WATER & need to read this and contact our local, state, & federal leaders … Continue reading
UPDATE May 2015 on an airshed study for health risks near drilling…. http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archives/2015/may/fracking-may-affect-air-quality-and-human-health-osu-study-finds “Air pollution from fracking operations may pose an under-recognized health hazard to people living near them,” said the study’s coauthor Kim Anderson, an environmental chemist with OSU’s College … Continue reading
update…the vote passed to allow onsite, electric compressors in raised housing structures at the fence line by Bowen Rd. These urban electric compressors are touted as emission free, but below you will see a TCEQ questionaire regarding all the different … Continue reading
this pic is a view from a Texas state park under a spiderweb —– Forwarded Message —- From: Dennis Gissell <Dennis.Gissell@tpwd.state.tx.us> To: email@example.com Sent: Wed, January 23, 2013 1:39:17 PM Subject: Response to your request for information Dear Sir or Madame: Thank … Continue reading
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/could-landowners-be-held-liable-for-drilling-cleanups-1.363150 Could landowners be held liable for drilling cleanups? By BOB DOWNING Published: January 7, 2013 From the Ohio Environmental Law Review: (Posted by Grant Maki, OEC Attorney Of Counsel) This is the first of a series of posts highlighting a few situations … Continue reading
UPDATE Jan 2015 Here is a pic of me and Benzene in the background of a city video protesting at Ecofest 2014… UPDATE Sept 12 2014 How ironic that blood money from drilling that funds the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation account … Continue reading
UPDATE…http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2012/07/fracking-my-family/ “We’re told that those who get their land drilled first will have the highest yields and the most money. One speaker demonstrated with a straw and a cup of soda, showing that wherever drillers (his straw) first pierced would have … Continue reading
UPDATE… —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Robert Rivera <email@example.com>; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Stuart.Young@arlingtontx.gov; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Sent: Tue, August 7, 2012 10:18:39 AM Subject: update…open records not avail on who is (should be) choking … Continue reading