Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Smoky Odors Enveloped DFW Metroplex 10/19/17 & Inversion Made it Noticeable
- Launch of New Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction Standard, 29 CFR § 1926.1153
- Enron-like claim $3.6B NG utilities linked scheme drove consumer pricing up with falsely inflated scarcity
- Hurricane Harvey Hits Big Oil & Gas with #WhoPaysForHarvey BILLBOARDS SLAY
- Our taxes pay for this so…Email NCTCOG for CURRENT DFW Fracking Airshed Info
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: rrc
I see a loophole NOT yet exercised in transporting this waste currently being exempted from being called “hazardous” which may NOT be EXEMPT if exceeding the USdot thresholds for TENORM. This is where I am gifting you (Arlington Mayor and … Continue reading
Our RRC commissioner, Ryan Sitton in the above photo, pointed out at a recent Earth Day speech in Dallas on injection wells that they “return that water back where it came from” suggesting in some imagined fashion of no harm done? The RRC … Continue reading
Texas RRC Statewide Rule 14 provides (see state law and video here) for the plugging of abandoned wells in certain cases (like if the driller cannot afford to do so). BUT WAIT!…This June 19 2016 article says the states don’t have … Continue reading
“Little information is available on the health effects from low-level exposures. The small body of available information varies widely. By Scott Simonton, Ph.D., PE, Morgan Spears The Arc Park site is one in Ft Worth that I have blogged about … Continue reading
Just when U thought GMO cotton was nasty….how bout’ the prospect of (fracking related) RADIOACTIVE tampon risk! —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “AgriLifeCR@tamu.edu” <AgriLifeCR@tamu.edu> Cc: Ph.D. Avner Vengosh <email@example.com> Sent: Wednesday, February … Continue reading
Regis the Feral cat says “don’t frack up our drinking water with reckless permit process”. West of the 98th meridian frackers in Texas can just treat and release those produced waters like a feral cat! Additionally, stripper wells are afforded … Continue reading
UPDATE: DBP Disinfectant Byproducts is at the heart of our water woes regardless of fracking being near drinking water sources (think of the high bladder cancer rates and read on)….anytime water is being treated per http://wellgal.com/drinking-dead-water-void-essential-minerals/ “…local water is regulated, but … Continue reading
update here is a RRC website admit they use drilling waste for road base…lovely! My cliff note to readers in this blog is that before Barnett Shale operators switch from injecting produced water to disposal wells to discharging it into … Continue reading
UPDATE I found out that growing cotton with recycled produced waste water is being piloted. Read HERE ——–end update——– Here is link from 2010 showing how V A R I A B L E flowback waters for recycling are….hint radionuclides like … Continue reading