Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington Gas Well Ordinance
- Arlington N Korean Like Demands on Term Limits Lawsuit
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- ATF Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- Dr Cynthia Simmons Arlington FAIL 101
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- North Texas Commission
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: schlumberger
In July 2017 GE was the proud owner (well 62.5%) of one of the world’s largest oil services company, Baker Hughes, which is headquartered in Houston. GE thought they were getting a good deal in merging Baker Hughes with “their” oil … Continue reading
After reading about fracking related spill (by train derailment) of Sodium Hydroxide (NAOH) in San Antonio, I thought about the Breaking Bad episode where a bad ass acid was used to decompose a body. In comparing the “Breaking Bad” chemical, Hydroflouric Acid (also … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Jim Parajon <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> Cc: Jeff Matthews <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Trey Yelverton <email@example.com>; Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jimmy Bennett <email@example.com>; Michael Glaspie <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sheri Capehart … Continue reading
Harriet Irby & I attended the 2011 Rising Tide North Texas fracking protest. That would be me in the respirator. Benzene, my respirator sporting mannequin that Harriet named, wasn’t yet born…..here he is at the Levitt Pavilion in Arlington…. BTW … Continue reading
Fracking Underneath Arctic Methane Hydrate Sediments to tap off surface releases hopeful to prevent global warming threat
I never thought I’d say this but…….. “DRILL BABY DRILL” …. that is Professor Wadhams suggests that we use the fracturing technology to target underneath the methane hydrate sediments to “tap off” that which would risk being released as uncontrolled surface methane … Continue reading
ATK uses friendLIER frack w/solid propellant detonations causing pressure to shale-now competes w/ Baker, Schulumberger, & Halliburton
When something is environmentally friendLIER or LESS environmentally dangerous…we HAVE to worry…be very worried=a different set of issues….I keep thinking of the emphasis on LIER on the word “friendLIER”. http://www.times-news.com/news/atk-developing-more-eco-friendly-fracking-system/article_80a09fea-6536-11e4-9e0e-df8879aac5b6.html Note my remarks in (boldface)… “ATK has been developing a new fracking … Continue reading
LISTEN to related story HERE on cows eating fodder grown with fracking waste…geesch…makes me wanna be a vegan! http://forums.tunk.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=20110 Board index ‹ Marcellus Operations ‹ Drilling news… Change font size FAQLogin Herd of dead cows next to a drilling site … Continue reading
http://www.mrt.com/business/article_cde34188-25c9-11e4-954b-0019bb2963f4.html The President of Schlumberger North America, Robert Drummond, said that they have re-frack technology to go after the fossil fuels left in the ground in existing wells already drilled all over North America. Why keep drilling (that’s expensive) when they can just re-frack? … Continue reading
update 3/2014…possibly 4…the grandmother just died…will find out where she lived. UPDATE 11/26/2013 !>>>>>Make that THREE related cancers if you count the family pet!!! Below is a video that maps out where the aunt and the niece (who live close to … Continue reading
This is the video I took last Friday night at TGIFriday’s in striking up a casual conversation with an industry guy who has worked with Schlumberger and other companies. After I turned off the camera, he told me of a … Continue reading